New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako, if it's my "driver side" talking, I'll take a BMW any day. I don't care what you say about how good an MB drives, it won't feel as good as a BMW (generally speaking, but M5/540i Sport ARGGHHRR!!!)...

Design/Keepsake: I'd take an MB. The design of MB's always seem to look fresher while it ages compared to BMW's (IMO lang ha). I think BMW designs, although distinctive, are a bit tame. They have a mean look but it doesn't divert itself too much from mainstream japanese sedans. And the prestige image thing, iba padin dating ng Benz, kahit anong bansa...

I mean, drive around with a W124 vs an E34 of the same era... W123 vs E28... I dunno... I guess there's a reason why bridal cars are mostly MBs and not Bimmers...

If its my wishlist... I'd want to have:

BMW: 635CSi (old model and new one), 7 series (V8/V12 current and previous model), E39 M5.
    MB: Any E-class wagon from W124 up. 500SL (yung kasabay ng W140), S na current. Di ko na isasama mga Brabus/AMG/Renntech variants hehe, but a Brabus C-class W203 is sweet...

Sorry i don't like small cars that much.

The three pointed star has been marketed as a symbol of luxury for decades...

The blue/white propeller has been marketed as the "ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE" for decades.

In the end, take your pick. Both are great marquees, if one is hands down better than the other, both of them won't remain as Euro powerhouses in automobiles.

Kinda like Honda vs. Toyota... No point comparing who's better... They're all at the top of their game so to speak.
    Last edited by theveed; July 2nd, 2004 at 03:54 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by theveed

...In the end, take your pick. Both are great marquees, if one is hands down better than the other, both of them won't remain as Euro powerhouses in automobiles.

Kinda like Honda vs. Toyota... No point comparing who's better... They're all at the top of their game so to speak.
    Very well said.

my preference goes to 3 over C
    and E over 5

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    more ammo for the bmw fans in the never-ending debate

some info on the upcoming M5:

http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?p..._code=02986726

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh my gudnis... That M5 just made my heart skip 2 beats hehe... Nakalimutan ko totally M5 na E39 hehe. Those are Porsche 911 Turbo territory specs and performance... with four doors!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry nagamit ko login ni Vince hehe

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Between the two, I'd go for Mercedes.

There are several cheaper alternatives to a BMW if you are into sporty driving but no other car company has the prestige and authoritarian presence of a mercedes-benz.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung Sedan, mas ok BMW

pero kung sports car mode, i'll go for a Kompressor

am always into sports car, so as of now, MB pipliin ko

siguro pag may family na ko, BMW na

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I love both cars but if had to chose one - I'd take Mercedes-Benz for being the better over-all car. Mercs have unquestioned prestige and class , sporty (but not as much as BMW) , better value (depreciation cost is low) , very reliable and long-lasting (as evidenced by the numerous old benzes still running around) and lastly , MBs have better appeal.

As one successful entrepreneur put it , "comparing a Mercedes and a BMW is easy. A Mercedes is something you'd want as a wife. A BMW is more like a mistress."

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Ako medyo biased! Merc's rule! Ewan ko, siguro nga tumatanda na ko!:worried:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by edzzz
    am always into sports car, so as of now, MB pipliin ko

siguro pag may family na ko, BMW na
    hmmm...baliktad yata. BMW's are known for being more of a sports car than their MB counterparts

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
BMW or MB?