New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    medyo mura na ksi eh tinitignan ko sa autolink...

how's the maintenance for this car? mayroon ba mga replacement parts outside the bmw casa? is it reliable? or sakit din sa ulo?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    There are a lot of cheap 2nd hands being sold on the market and just like you I was tempted of getting one. But pumasok kaagad sa utak ko yung maintenance nito given na medyo lumang modelo na tapos BMW pa.... I would also appreciate some responses....

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    There are a lot of cheap 2nd hands being sold on the market and just like you I was tempted of getting one. But pumasok kaagad sa utak ko yung maintenance nito given na medyo lumang modelo na tapos BMW pa.... I would also appreciate some responses....
    bmw... can't argue with the badge, although the styling does look a bit dated.

pansin ko may accord vti-l ka dude... musta consumo sa gas nyan?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes you can't argue with a BMW however thats what makes it scary since its a BMW. I don't think going to Banawe and finding parts especially for an old model is cakewalk. And if you go to the casa its not also a guarantee they have it since its an old model and even if they do its going to cost a fortune.

Regarding the Accord, around 8km/L not the best I have to say but its a 2.3 liter engine so its to be expected.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regular maintenance should be okay but expect to pay more than in your average Jap 1600. What may be scary is if theres a major problem to the car... if it's being sold cheap, think twice.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    What is the fair value of these cars anyway? I see them around P350K even as low as P320K which surprisingly cheap for a BMW 3 series...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    in my opinion lang, mura lang ang BMW e36 kasi ilang generations na, but its not a cheap car, kung makakuha ka ng well maintain na unit, e side by side mo sa new Altis o Civic mas may dating ka pa rin at di ka mukhang kawawa, knowing that its worth 1M+ for 316i and almost 2M for 320i. at mayaman lang talaga ang may kaya noon. Now sino mag-aakala na nakuha mo ng mura kung nakasakay ka na, Once you get in, ibang tao ka na. Status symbol. BMW is BMW.

re: sa parts and service dami na rin. di na rin mahal para ka lang nag maintain ng civic. Mag palit ka man ng parts, tagal naman masira, and expected naman na may papalitan ka, its second hand.
    May BMW club/bimmer club naman d2 kaya pwede ka mag join. mababait ang mga members at di madamot, willing to help lahat.

Iba pa rin ang ride ng BMW compare to japanese cars.
    If you will get a BMW e36, it must be the 320i, 325i and feel the power.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the cars are very reliable if maintained properly. sakit ng ulo lang yung water pump at ang rear suspension.

but if any parts need replacing, watch out! parts are at least twice as expensive as Honda parts...sometimes even more. and they are more complicated cars than others of their generation....

BMW 3 series 1995-1997 - Maintenance?