New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    It does have, already! I've installed the Unichip from Speedlab which improved power to 145whp and 266lbft. I have also done the Revive treatment from Central Diesel. While the significant performance improvement is definitely welcome, there was no significant difference in fuel consumption... Better diesel engine, ISUZU or HYUNDAI?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    I dont know if it will help, but i see shops who can already “tune” stock hyundai ECU’s..Speedlab is one, there’s also NSR-tuned & DTM Motorsports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    It does have, already! I've installed the Unichip from Speedlab which improved power to 145whp and 266lbft. I have also done the Revive treatment from Central Diesel. While the significant performance improvement is definitely welcome, there was no significant difference in fuel consumption... Better diesel engine, ISUZU or HYUNDAI?

i am aware of the stock tune of this car and it is already lean. * 2.2L engine with a body/weight that size 6.4km/L is typical. everybody is looking for a car with very good performance and also very economical. yet this is not always the case. there is trade off. we know already that performance requires energy. fuel is energy and we cannot expect performance out of thin air. that's why i said earlier, if you want performance, don't expect economy. variable timing technology can help of course but up to a certain level. there is always a saturation point. so again the right foot will determine for fuel injected cars. if it's featherweight, makakatipid, pero pag diniin ng husto, matakaw talaga.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    i am aware of the stock tune of this car and it is already lean. * 2.2L engine with a body/weight that size 6.4km/L is typical. everybody is looking for a car with very good performance and also very economical. yet this is not always the case. there is trade off. we know already that performance requires energy. fuel is energy and we cannot expect performance out of thin air. that's why i said earlier, if you want performance, don't expect economy. variable timing technology can help of course but up to a certain level. there is always a saturation point. so again the right foot will determine for fuel injected cars. if it's featherweight, makakatipid, pero pag diniin ng husto, matakaw talaga.
    6.4km/L is composed of mostly driving in Edsa, where there are no traffic lights. Also with chip already.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    6.4km/L is composed of mostly driving in Edsa, where there are no traffic lights. Also with chip already.

you may think this is dismal but Central Diesel gave you a clean bill of health because this is correct. check the specs of the R engine of the gen2.5,,, mechanically both have almost subtle similarity but the gen 2.5 has a more advanced fuel injection system than the older gen 2. and the 6 speed tx that contributes obviously to the increased mileage.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    you may think this is dismal but Central Diesel gave you a clean bill of health because this is correct. check the specs of the R engine of the gen2.5,,, mechanically both have almost subtle similarity but the gen 2.5 has a more advanced fuel injection system than the older gen 2. and the 6 speed tx that contributes obviously to the increased mileage.
    Its just that my daily commute is around 12kms. Assuming average travel time of 30mins, that would be around 24km/h average speed, which I believe is already high by Metro Manila standards. Guess I was hoping that it would do better than that with all the "help" that its got. Better diesel engine, ISUZU or HYUNDAI?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Its just that my daily commute is around 12kms. Assuming average travel time of 30mins, that would be around 24km/h average speed, which I believe is already high by Metro Manila standards. Guess I was hoping that it would do better than that with all the "help" that its got. Better diesel engine, ISUZU or HYUNDAI?

as has been posted, if the new 2018 dmax blue is 5km/L (though it is expected to improve), with a decade old car in your daily drive, the 6.4 you have, still isn't too bad at all.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Nice discussion here on old school diesel vs. modern ECU CRDi's. So that's why our old Tamaraw FX diesel when brand new was consistently 9 kpl even in traffic.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Better diesel engine, ISUZU or HYUNDAI?