New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    apart from the conversion from RHD to our LHD...
    generally, yes.
    but other folks' concerns are, how badly or how well, was that car treated by the previous owner?
    also... there seems to be a supreme court ruling, denying used car importation...

have you noticed,
    RHD cars have slightly different headlight throw than LHD.
    of course, it can be remedied by replacing the headlight assemblies...

but why get a fit, when local jazzes are so plentiful...
    Sir because of the budget constraints, also im eyeing on a used fit available on the market
    how about the engine and transmission, as per checking local jazz have paddle shifts, while import fit are just AT's, correct me if im wrong, just new to the jazz/fit community.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jaygrace View Post
    Sir because of the budget constraints, also im eyeing on a used fit available on the market
    how about the engine and transmission, as per checking local jazz have paddle shifts, while import fit are just AT's, correct me if im wrong, just new to the jazz/fit community.
    Before you jump to get FIT(JDM RHD), try seeking the LTO for guidance on annual registration renewal procedure of these gray units. Chances are you'll be running as far away from getting FIT, sir.

Find a good gen2 local unit. It's non-CVT.which is better to buy honda jazz (local) or honda fit (japan) The best batch was the Japan CBU Jazz that were shipped in after the 2011 Thai flooding. Details below from TGph.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Before you jump to get FIT(JDM RHD), try seeking the LTO for guidance on annual registration renewal procedure of these gray units. Chances are you'll be running as far away from getting FIT, sir.

Find a good gen2 local unit. It's non-CVT.which is better to buy honda jazz (local) or honda fit (japan) The best batch was the Japan CBU Jazz that were shipped in after the 2011 Thai flooding. Details below from TGph.

Sir this is not a RHD fit, but its an import unit already in LHD, not sure though if the previous owner converted it or not, also it is currently registered to the LTO.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Sir this is not a RHD fit, but its an import unit already in LHD, not sure though if the previous owner converted it or not, also it is currently registered to the LTO.
    Current registration won't assure you of no frills renewal if the unit was an ex RHD. Ask the seller which LTO office that Fit's registration was renewed from....A calculated guess will be some remote provincial satellite LTO office....some as far as Mindanao. Are you prepared to go thru that annually?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Current registration won't assure you of no frills renewal if the unit was an ex RHD. Ask the seller which LTO office that Fit's registration was renewed from....A calculated guess will be some remote provincial satellite LTO office....some as far as Mindanao. Are you prepared to go thru that annually?

As per checking with the seller the unit is currently registered in caloocan city.

Also anybody here used an OBDII scanner on a fit? what brand can you suggest.
    Seen many scanners in lazada and shopee, not sure though if its compatible with an old fit.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    As per checking with the seller the unit is currently registered in caloocan city.

Also anybody here used an OBDII scanner on a fit? what brand can you suggest.
    Seen many scanners in lazada and shopee, not sure though if its compatible with an old fit.
    I'd still recommend the local GE Jazz over an ex-RHD....then again, call is yours. Good luck, sir!which is better to buy honda jazz (local) or honda fit (japan)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    renewal of registration can be done in any lto branch.
    but if the car were to change ownership, one may have to go to the lto branch where the car was first registered in the philippine roster of motor vehicles.
    it could be in the nearby city, or it could be way down in zamboanga or way up in aparri.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    renewal of registration can be done in any lto branch.
    but if the car were to change ownership, one may have to go to the lto branch where the car was first registered in the philippine roster of motor vehicles.
    it could be in the nearby city, or it could be way down in zamboanga or way up in aparri.
    With 'surplus' like those exRHD units, there could be complications for registration renewal, doc.
    Here are some very old news:
    https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/lto-...n-surplus-cars
    LTO Non Renewal of Subic Vehicles
    And a very long thread on the troubles Fit owners go thru renewing their registration...
    BAN on HONDA FIT

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    With 'surplus' like those exRHD units, there could be complications for registration renewal, doc.
    Here are some very old news:
    https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/lto-...n-surplus-cars
    LTO Non Renewal of Subic Vehicles
    And a very long thread on the troubles Fit owners go thru renewing their registration...
    BAN on HONDA FIT

i was wondering whatever happened to this.
    the supreme court made their final decision.
    then...
    nada.
    and i still see a lot of B's around, bolted to vehicles which, to my knowledge, were never officially available in the country.l

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    i was wondering whatever happened to this.
    the supreme court made their final decision.
    then...
    nada.
    and i still see a lot of B's around, bolted to vehicles which, to my knowledge, were never officially available in the country.l
    Guess status quo maintained on those registered? The USED car importation has pretty much been choked as they could no longer be registered by the LTO.....unless it's that of a returning resident....The Balikbayan privilege is an extremely looooong legit process. A bud went thru the entire procedure to bring his old precious home a few years back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
which is better to buy honda jazz (local) or honda fit (japan)