New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Basta kung ako, allergic ako sa mga converted units.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Me too... walang ka appeal appeal sakin mga imported/LHD converted second hand cars hirap pati ibenta yan pag ayaw mo na or mag upgrade ka na kaya magiging forever car mo sya unless kung may ma uto ka or sacrifice sale yung halos bigay na

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    For safety reasons, Il get the local one if I were you. No offense meant to those who have converted units.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by poorprince View Post
    maraming mga FIT dito sa cebu and yes its affordable. Mahirap ba maghanap ng surplus parts for the FIT?
    there are times when some parts are not compatible with the local unit. its either there's a readily available one on auto-supplies and there are also times when you have to source parts from the surplus hub, which means, should that certain part runs out of stock, your car might rest for a while with the mechanic's shop. plus the fact that the customs in regular ports are "really strict" about these cargoes because of technical smuggling (declared as spare parts but its a whole unit just to save some in tax.)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Basta kung ako, allergic ako sa mga converted units.
    Sir Ron, what if W123 or W124 na import surplus pero po orig lhd?

*mods, sorry OT.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Jazz vs. Fit?

Both of these have same parts. If you have read HONDA FIT/JAZZ "LHD and RHD" service manual you will find that both of these have same parts.
    Except for the driver to passenger/LHD-RHD layout. This means that they have different dashboard orientation and different parts location.

Price wise.
    Let us say buy a brand new local unit. A good choice, there is warranty, no need to fix but costly. Cost around Php 800
    Let us say buy a second hand local unit. Better choice, no warranty, expect for a need to fix and still costly. Cost around Php 400
    Let say buy a surplus unit, no warranty, there are things to fix to make it proper on road and cheap. Cost around Php 200

Selling
    On a local unit let say I don’t like it and I want to sell it. If you have buy that for Php 800 selling price will depreciate fast and that would be around Php 400.
    On a surplus unit let say I don’t like it and I want to sell it. If you have buy that for Php 200 selling price will be around Php 200/just a very slight price depreciation.

Local second hand / a surplus unit.
    Buying a local second hand cars * Php 400 expect to spend a Php 30K
    The following repair may include:
    - CVT transmission,
    - Since Cebu road is very rough expect to replace busted shock absorber,
    - Wheel Alignment.
    - New Oil Change.
    - New CVT Oil Change.
    - New Air filter change.
    - New Spark Plugs.
    - New Fuel Filter.

Buying a surplus unit * Php 200 expect to spend a Php 30K
    The following repair may include:
    - Wheel Alignment
    - Steering balance.
    - Brake Balance.
    - Interior noise repair.
    - missing interior screws.
    - Airbag fix
    - New Oil Change.
    - New CVT Oil Change.
    - New Air filter change.
    - New Spark Plugs.
    - New Fuel Filter.
    - CVT transmission surplus cars is sold to have good CVT transmission but needs new transmission fluid.
    - Japan road is smooth so busted shock absorber is rare.

Service wise.
    Local Honda jazz is service * Honda service center.
    Surplus Honda Fit? Some say Honda won't accept-it well I tell you go to Honda service center, there are surplus unit that is service on the service Center.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    advisable po ba bumili ng japan surplus na cvt? i start having problems with my cvt (juddering/slippage) on my local jazz. thanks

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by albertianss View Post
    advisable po ba bumili ng japan surplus na cvt? i start having problems with my cvt (juddering/slippage) on my local jazz. thanks
    have you replaced your CVT oil?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Buhayin ko lang ang thread, need more infos sa mga fit owners kung compatible ba parts ng imported fit sa local jazz.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaygrace View Post
    Buhayin ko lang ang thread, need more infos sa mga fit owners kung compatible ba parts ng imported fit sa local jazz.
    apart from the conversion from RHD to our LHD...
    generally, yes.
    but other folks' concerns are, how badly or how well, was that car treated by the previous owner?
    also... there seems to be a supreme court ruling, denying used car importation...

have you noticed,
    RHD cars have slightly different headlight throw than LHD.
    of course, it can be remedied by replacing the headlight assemblies...

but why get a fit, when local jazzes are so plentiful...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
which is better to buy honda jazz (local) or honda fit (japan)