New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I think 2.0 is for you i assume flat naman kalsada all th way walang mga paakyat. Kasi dito samin mas matipid 2.3 kasi akyat baba mas pwersado 2.0 kaya mas matakaw.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    From anecdotal evidence from the Ford Club, and people who've owned both, the 2.3 is superior in terms of fuel economy whether the road is flat or hilly. The engine itself is much more efficient. The 2.0 was outdated even when it first came out.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Hi Niky,

Ano ba ideal distance para makuha yung let's say, truest consumption ng car sa city?

My Vios does bad on short trips din kasi (4kms) = sometimes, 9km/L...

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
    There is no "true" distance. People all have different routes.

My daily trip, for example, is 3 km. Stop-go-stop. On that route, the Vios gets around 8.

But there are people who drive bumper-to-bumper-to-bumper for 10 kms and 2 hours and get 7.5 or worse.

Then there are those who proclaim to the high heavens that the Vios gets 14 km/l in the city, but whose trip is 10 kms on EDSA off-rush hour. Hell, when I drive EDSA during lean hours, I can get over 10 km/l in our 2.4 CR-V...

Highway is the easiest measure to replicate.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    mga sir,

pano nyo malalaman na 2.3 yung engine and not 2.0 based by just looking at it? anong difference ng 2.0 and 2.3 model aside sa engine?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you can find a Mazda Tribute 2.3L of the same age and price, go for it. Halos twins yung Escape at Tribute but I find the Tribute to be more appealing. Maybe you can also add the Xtrail as another option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12