The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    panghnap buhay ba? i think the xwind XL would be the best choice

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    but please... no to the sportivo, xuv,& xuvi variants with oversized 235/70 tires... it just ruins the ride, handling & acceleration of the crosswind. it'll just overwork the leaf springs & sub-100hp engine.

the adventure also is a bit cramped compared to the crosswind.

the crosswind too has a slight advantage in torque output.

I think it's not just the tyres that's to blame. ang pagkaalam ko iniba rin nila yung gear ratios ng XUV to make up for the larger tires. kaya ang net result, mas mabagal sa arangkada yung mga XUV's/sportivo. The XL/XT/XTO's are geared just right. Parang sedan kung tumakbo sa highway XTO ko.

going back to topic...
    kung pang personal use : toss-up between adventure and crosswind. depends on your taste and personal preference. medyo mahal nga ang OEM parts ng isuzu but they're quite durable naman. No major parts need to be replaced within 80,000 -100,000 kms (except the yokohama tires which only lasts for about 40-50 thou kms).
    for business : no doubt, crosswind ka na. tipid sa diesel, tipid sa change oil.
    personal record ko : 12 km average city/highway driving. best was about 15 km/liter highway driving.

on engine durability, true the 4d56 on the pajero is tested, yung sa 4JA1, just checkout the old isuzu fuegos and maybe even the isuzu elf mini trucks. that's your comparison of durability. hth ;)

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    Just a comparison.

My 2001 Isuzu Highlander is going 90K.

Changed belts for aircon and alternator, used a clutch repair kit. My tires(Michelin LTX) lasted 90K and still using it.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Let me put it this way:

Ride height, fuel economy -- Crosswind
    Everything else -- Adventure

The reliability and toughness of Mitsubishi's 4D56 diesel engine is yet to be beat.
    So true,

Mitsu's old and legendary 4D56 diesel engine is bulletproof.

Just to add my 2 cents:

The gear ratios of the Adventure is more perfectly matched to its diesel engine compared to Crosswind eventhough the Crosswind engine has more HP.

Crosswind prices are ridiculous including spare parts.

We've owned an Isuzu vehicle before and the after-sales service of Isuzu sucks big-time.

But for pang-pasada, Crosswind for me since the rear suspension of the newer Adventures were softened for comfort and maybe too soft for very heavy loads.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    Just a comparison.

My 2001 Isuzu Highlander is going 90K.

Changed belts for aircon and alternator, used a clutch repair kit. My tires(Michelin LTX) lasted 90K and still using it.
    Our company's L300 FB diesel (4D56) - 387K Odo reading and still going strong. Walang tulo sa makina, No engine overhaul, Just the regular PMS sa Casa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
which is better adventure or crosswind pls advice me