New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The Honda Civic is a good choice ... buy direct from owner seller and avoid buy and sell agents ... one way to check is if the registration is under the seller's name and not open deed of sale ... most of the time used car agents tamper the odometer ... even digital odometers of Euro cars can be adjusted ...

There are several reputable shops where you can bring in the car for Pre-Purchase Inspection ... like SpeedyFix ... ... or you can ask the owner to bring the vehicle to a Honda dealer for a Pre-Purchase Inspection ... usually costs about 1,500-1,800 ... best to bring it to a shop so the vehicle can be lifted and underchassis inspected properly ...
    Thank you very much! I really appreciate it!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Searchride View Post
    You can get Ecosport against potholes and floods

Ford Titanium Ecosport looks cool, pangharabas din pala

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by taffetawhite View Post
    Ford Titanium Ecosport looks cool, pangharabas din pala
    Bad choice... The pre facelifted model’s DCT will give you nightmares

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    get the MT, kung meron.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For me..... Best compact sedan? Civic. Best hatchback sedan? Civic. Hell. Best coupe? Civic. All with non-turbo Inline 4 and MT, of course.

I realized I don't need a real fancy car to make it my own. Make any car MT and no one at home will touch it. But, I really like the current-gen Civic.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 1st, 2019 at 10:38 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    For me..... Best compact sedan? Civic. Best hatchback sedan? Civic. Hell. Best coupe? Civic. All with non-turbo Inline 4 and MT, of course.

I realized I don't need a real fancy car to make it my own. Make any car MT and no one at home will touch it. But, I really like the current-gen Civic.
    The hatchback Civic nor an MT model Civic is not available here in the Philippines. We also don’t have anymore the 2.0L NA engine. The sad reality in the Philippines is that nobody buys anymore a daily compact driver with a 2.0L engine with an MT tranny priced more than 1M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The hatchback Civic nor an MT model Civic is not available here in the Philippines. We also don’t have anymore the 2.0L NA engine. The sad reality in the Philippines is that nobody buys anymore a daily compact driver with a 2.0L engine with an MT tranny priced more than 1M.

One has to wonder why. Here, the 2.0L with a MT is normally Honda's bottom end. Lots of younger folks buy em and just upgrade to bigger wheels.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    One has to wonder why. Here, the 2.0L with a MT is normally Honda's bottom end. Lots of younger folks buy em and just upgrade to bigger wheels.
    The mindset of most Pinoys is that anything bigger than a 1.6L gas engine is already a gas guzzler. At it now stands, the Civic is two class higher than the small cars which sets as the floor for entry level buyers. Unlike in the US where the Civic or the Fit serves as the budget option, here you have the likes of the Brio, Mirage, Wigo, Picanto, Eon, or Celerio.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The mindset of most Pinoys is that anything bigger than a 1.6L gas engine is already a gas guzzler. At it now stands, the Civic is two class higher than the small cars which sets as the floor for entry level buyers. Unlike in the US where the Civic or the Fit serves as the budget option, here you have the likes of the Brio, Mirage, Wigo, Picanto, Eon, or Celerio.

I can't blame that mindset especially seeing how crowded it is in Manila. We do have some subcompacts here. The most obvious one is the Honda fit. We also have the Mitsubishi Mirage, Fiats, Fiesta, Minis, etc. We have tons of Prius cars putt-putting around town....plus a few Smart Cars. I was incredulous when I learned some of the latter cost as much as my Camry SE. That little tiny thing?
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 2nd, 2019 at 04:17 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's the budget, aside from the mindset ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast