New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    They redesigned their manual tranny system to cope with the addt'l power. The peak torque of the manual MS for example is 400 nm, 50nm higher than the auto. Its is almost 80nm higher than the previous non-vgt MS. So they did something different indeed.

gls-v AT with paddle shifters na pala. Ayos!!

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Sure na ba talaga yan? All stations sell Euro 4 diesel? Somehow I find that our Revo still prefers Caltex diesel over Seaoil or even Shell V-Power. Mas smooth ang engine at mas malakas humatak.
    Hindi pa ata euro 4 ang lahat ng stations. As per the revo, I believe it prefers the non-euro 4 kasi low sulfur na ang euro-4 which is better suited to CRDI's with electric fuel pumps and piezo injectors. If I'm not mistaken, mas mababa lubricity ng euro 4 pero mas maganda emissions if mated to crdi's. For traditional diesels with mechanical injection pumps that rely on the fuel itself for lubrication, mas ok pa rin yata yung traditional diesel fuels.

I have a diesel too, and I mix 2T oil (250ml/55 liter full tank) when filling up, and I even add more pag euro 4 diesel (300ml/55 liters) for added lubricity. Works for me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Siyempre mas mura maintenance ng manual. But an AT is more convenient esp now with paddle shifters.
    hidne pa paddle shifters ang vgt na strada sir

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by odell View Post
    hidne pa paddle shifters ang vgt na strada sir
    Sorry, was confused with its bro MS kasi. hehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dualsim View Post
    ^^ if only dmaxsiado's comments are as proper/discreet/prudent as niky's post (like the one above) and not overly condescending and arrogant, he would be revered as highly as few contributors here (both to their opinions and their person)

sorry OT... cant help it... (it would be fun to have him back though ahihi... ahoho)
    dmaxiado's comments showed that he is knowledgeable and experienced about pick ups. It is unfortunate that he chose to argue with the mod bordering on imprudence.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Ang hilux pinaka solid, compare sa strada daming deffect, ka lalabas lng nang casa my umiilaw agad.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Mas mabuti pa yung 2010 strada, ganda nang makina, 4m41

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alazkie View Post
    Ang hilux pinaka solid, compare sa strada daming deffect, ka lalabas lng nang casa my umiilaw agad.
    Well... there's the D4D thing. Not all pervasive, but I just talked to someone (who had never been online but is a member of a diesel car enthusiast group) who had heard of them.

And last week, I saw a relatively new Hilux drop-side stop at a gas station... fill up on diesel... then refuse to start.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    the new ford ranger!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
best pickup in the philippine market now