New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yung Navara din, mabilis.

Speed-wise : Toss up ng Navara vs. Strada VGT talaga.

Pero sa ground clearance, talo yung Navara.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    if reliability , fc, ruggedness, engine, i would choose between toyota hilux and isuzu dmax.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hilux is out of stock until feb.

im looking out for strada. between the 2.5 vgt and 3.2 liter 4x4 AT. What's your choice? And Why? thanks for the fast replies sir.

any deals or promos this coming end of the year?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Depends on where you live and what your intended purpose for the truck is. The 3.2L would be better for hauling applications and has more low end grunt unlike the 2.5VGT which has most of its power concentrated on the top end. The 3.2L would also be better if you want to go the tuning route as it has more performance potential. Otherwise, get the 2.5VGT which should also give you better fuel mileage.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by odell View Post
    hilux is out of stock until feb.

im looking out for strada. between the 2.5 vgt and 3.2 liter 4x4 AT. What's your choice? And Why? thanks for the fast replies sir.

any deals or promos this coming end of the year?
    Have you tested both 2.5 VGT and 3.2? From the top of my mind, i'd lean towards the larger displacement 3.2L especially if they're giving generous discounts for it.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Depends on where you live and what your intended purpose for the truck is. The 3.2L would be better for hauling applications and has more low end grunt unlike the 2.5VGT which has most of its power concentrated on the top end. The 3.2L would also be better if you want to go the tuning route as it has more performance potential. Otherwise, get the 2.5VGT which should also give you better fuel mileage.
    I live in metro manila. Purpose is for everyday,not much hauling for il be using it as a daily driver.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Have you tested both 2.5 VGT and 3.2? From the top of my mind, i'd lean towards the larger displacement 3.2L especially if they're giving generous discounts for it.
    Their giving additional 50k discount on the 3.2 variant. One stock left nalang sa q.ave and its red. The plus with the 2.5vgt is the multimedia system which consists of gps,dvd,touch screen multi info display and built in indash that makes it looks clean. Invecs 5 speed transmission is also given on the 2.5vgt unlike the 4speed AT for the 3.2l. Im also thinking of the bigger displacement but does having a invecs 5 speed is a plus? With the entertainment package or the 2.5vgt,I can live without. It boils down if its with te 3.2l 4 speed or 2.5vgt 5 speed tranny.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'll be leaning towards the 2.5L since I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be putting you down in terms of power since it already has VGT. I am pretty sure too that it will be more efficient as it has 5-gears and lesser displacement.

Torque wise, the VGT wins. 350Nm compared to 343.35Nm of the 3.2L Strada
    Power wise, the VGT still wins. 178Ps compared to 160ps of the 3.2L Strada
    Last edited by renzo_d10; December 26th, 2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: info deleted

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    try to browse the net regarding the new Ranger. B. Bargas of TopGear just tested it in Thailand.
    according to him
    -200HP; 470NM of torque
    -hill descent control (this will be nice after experiencing a matic suv going downhill coming from a table top, napunta b**ls ko sa lalamunan heheheh)
    -Hll hold control
    now wait lang the price. pero according to vinj, the TS will not mind the price.:D
    Ganda ng specs ng ranger. I hope release ng ford ng first quarter

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I'll be leaning towards the 2.5L since I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be putting you down in terms of power since it already has VGT. I am pretty sure too that it will be more efficient as it has 5-gears and lesser displacement.

Torque wise, the VGT wins. 350Nm compared to 343.35Nm of the 3.2L Strada
    Power wise, the VGT still wins. 178Ps compared to 160ps of the 3.2L Strada
    I overlooked the 5-speed a/t of the VGT versus the 4-speed of the 3.2... with that, the 2.5 VGT seems to have the edge already.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
best pickup in the philippine market now