New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ilan na kaya km. reading nung clunker Hilux sa video?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by odell View Post
    Im sorry for the ignorance so direct injection is better than the 4d56 vgt because of the replacement parts available? How about their reliability and performance wise? Does this mean even the new hilux facelift has an engine of vgt-like than its old engine? Regarding FC, what is better the vgt or direct injection type?
    VGT or VNT for hilux is regarding the kind of turbo, like an evolution for turbo. Direct and indirect injection naman refers to the way fuel is delivered to the combustion chamber so they are different.

Direct injection na rin sir 4d56 vgt but it was previously an indirect injection engine whereas a 4m41 3.2ltr engine is direct injection tech already. Plus it's a timig chain driven that is you use a good quality oil and never neglect changing it at 5,000kms, it can last up to 300K kms with no problem. The new hilux did not change its engine, just a facelift and tweak in the suspension.

Direct injection and the advent of vgt/vtnt turbos did improve FC. So between the 2.5 vgt, 3.2 non-vgt and 3.0 VNT engines, most frugal would be the 2.5 vgt then 3.0 VNT and the 3.2 non-vgt strada although I have read in C! magazine and TGP that the FC of the 3.2 strada and 3.0 hilux is not that far off. Of course the dmax is the most frugal with its 3.0 vgt engine having the long-stroke designed as mentioned before by hDM. It's the same tech used by KTM in their standard bikes that is why its powerful yet frugal as well. Just to add.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dualsim View Post
    ^^ if only dmaxsiado's comments are as proper/discreet/prudent as niky's post (like the one above) and not overly condescending and arrogant, he would be revered as highly as few contributors here (both to their opinions and their person)

sorry OT... cant help it... (it would be fun to have him back though ahihi... ahoho)
    Finally he's gone, now it's much more pleasant to read the forums without all those charts and facts.

Get the Strada, the ride comfort is a big plus. You'd want to arrive at your destination not feeling like you've driven 300,000 kms hauling equipment from a mine.

There are just some quality issues with the Strada (as with most Mitsubishis) like the uneven height, power door lock, steering column, squeaky rear leaf spring and suction control valve. Not sure if these issues have been remedied in 2011 and 2012 models but all of these are easily fixed under warranty.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    At this point in time, kahit papano tumitimbang parin sa usapan yung DMAX pag dating sa tipiran at tibay..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I wouldn't get a 2nd hand VGT pickup. Its really hard to gauge the condition of the turbo. You'll never know if the previous owner took care of warming it up and cooling it down. Even with minimal shaft play you still have no idea how long it will hold up. Yung mga standard turbo at least mas matibay.

Re: FC, you really have to do a lot of homework as varying loading conditions between owners is another variable to add to driving habits and routes. Softest ride (unladen) is the Strada followed by the Navara. The others need quite a bit of load in the tub to ride decently on bad roads. Best FC from experience goes to the Dmax. The others don't differ much in terms of FC.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ Aside from SCV, consumable part narin yata ang turbo ng CRDI engines ngayon

And dont forget the safety, these two pickups on global platform are consistent worst performers:

Ford Danger

HindiMaxiado matigas ang kaha

Hilux and Tritron were consistent since 2006 for 4 stars

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    The TS won't be hauling stuffs naman siguro basing on his posts. so my vote now goes to the Strada GLS-V A/T.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Long time nga. Hope all is well.

My vote goes for either the Strada or Navara kung personal daily driver. If you're waiting for next year then maybe you can also wait out on the new Ford. Test drive will be the best way to decide; everyone has their own personal preferences talaga.
    Same sayo sir I am not really inclined with ford because of the brand and parts. No offense with ford owners but its just my opinion,I was actually thinking of having a tdci focus for my fiance but the brand keeps telling me not to. Hehe

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    VGT or VNT for hilux is regarding the kind of turbo, like an evolution for turbo. Direct and indirect injection naman refers to the way fuel is delivered to the combustion chamber so they are different.

Direct injection na rin sir 4d56 vgt but it was previously an indirect injection engine whereas a 4m41 3.2ltr engine is direct injection tech already. Plus it's a timig chain driven that is you use a good quality oil and never neglect changing it at 5,000kms, it can last up to 300K kms
    with no problem. The new hilux did not change its engine, just a facelift and tweak in the suspension.

Direct injection and the advent of vgt/vtnt turbos did improve FC. So between the 2.5 vgt, 3.2 non-vgt and 3.0 VNT engines, most frugal would be the 2.5 vgt then 3.0 VNT and the 3.2 non-vgt strada although I have read in C! magazine and TGP that the FC of the 3.2 strada and 3.0 hilux
    is not that far off. Of course the dmax is the most frugal with its 3.0 vgt
    engine having the long-stroke designed as mentioned before by hDM. It's
    the same tech used by KTM in their standard bikes that is why its
    powerful yet frugal as well. Just to add.
    Thanks for the explanation sir. To summarize what I have understood 3.2 non-vgt strada is much more reliable than the current vgt engine because of it timing chain,the plus of the vgt engine is the better FC. Dmax is really out of my choices because in my personal opinion,I dont like the looks of it. Im also open with the navarra actually. With hilux kase I really hate the interior because its the same with the innova as well as I see its a normal. "regular" pickup. Somehow stradas are also flooding the phil roads now but the interior are much modern in my opinion. With navarra I think its in par with strada interior wise. The problem with navarra is the height and its rear seats,also with the ride that strada has to offer. But I lile how the navarra looks,lack of height lang talaga. There is this white strada ive checked,3.2L AT. 2010 model. For 1.150neg. The navarra ive checked is also priced the same. 2010 model,color whote also. Both 4x4 and AT. So,what could break the ice for me?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ Test drive..

Grabe ang turbo lag ng 3.2 AT. bilang ka ng 1, 2, 3.5 bago magalit ang makina. Pero naman, kamot ang gulong pag sumibat..
    Useful din yung rear window ng Strada kung may very long cargo ka like bamboo or tubes.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
best pickup in the philippine market now