New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Example, the Mitsu Strada GL

gross weight = 2760kg
    vehicle curb weight = 1730kg

the vehicle's capacity is 1,030kg (but this value includes the weight of people/driver riding in the vehicle as well).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dh0n View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    this is an OT post. hehe.

i just wanna ask why was Dmax was banned while he was posting naman on topic? maybe he was a bit arrogant but still. but, dualsim's posts were really off topic and just making fun of Dmax's posts and didn't get banned.

I'm just concerned.
    any comment GH?

MODERATOR's NOTE:

Get this clear, the moderation of TSIKOT.COM's forum is NOT a democracy.

How a decision is done and executed is not up for a "vote" by the users nor would the reason(s) why a decision was done one way and not another, need to be made public. Or you can send SirbossR a PM.

Just do note that "DM" was given ample warnings before he was banned.

Last edited by ghosthunter; November 22nd, 2011 at 05:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    MODERATOR's NOTE:

Get this clear, the moderation of TSIKOT.COM's forum is NOT a democracy.

How a decision is done and executed is not up for a "vote" by the users nor would the reason(s) why a decision was done one way and not another, need to be made public. Or you can send SirbossR a PM.

Just do note that "DM" was given ample warnings before he was banned.

hehe, reading between the lines.

BTT: For a pure workhorse, I'll get the 4x4 3LT 2.8 Hilux anyday. Ano na kaya napili ni TS? Tsikot pioneer din pa naman. Baka DMax?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ford F150 Raptor

hehehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Lakas sa gas niyan ...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks guys..so siguro aside from what you guys mentioned sa weight, pag dating sa engine just choose the one with the most torque? tama ba? Just to be sure na whatever load you will be loading kaya ng makina?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Thanks guys..so siguro aside from what you guys mentioned sa weight, pag dating sa engine just choose the one with the most torque? tama ba? Just to be sure na whatever load you will be loading kaya ng makina?

Not only the engine but also the transmission, especially if you are getting a M/T tranny. The clutch would wear out sooner if you load it near or even slightly over it's maximum load. Happened to one of our new delivery trucks loaded near to its max on one delivery. The stop-go traffic in Metro Manila is brutal on the clutches.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Personally, given the prevalence of dual-mass flywheels on modern diesels (I think it might only be the Hilux that doesn't have one, given how hard the gear shifter shakes!), and the cost of said flywheels in terms of maintenance, I think an automatic is best.

Also note that with the power these diesels put out... the clutch action is brutal. If you don't get enough revs up, the engine simply shuts down. If you have a little too much, you get a lurch. I've noticde this on more powerful diesels like the Ranger and the Strada. The Navara doesn't have much torque, but it's very easy to stall the engine when doing parking maneuvers or at the stoplight, and the clunk when the clutch engages is not pretty to hear.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Actually I have a contractor friend who's contemplating on getting a pickup. The reason is sometimes when he orders materials, matagal daw minsan dinadala ng hardware sa site like cement, tiles, gallons of paint etc, sayang daw yung araw ng tao. So when he asked for my opinion I just shared what I read here sa forums re engines, ride, truck beds etc. Kaya naitanong niya eh alin sa mga pickup na yun ang kaya ang cement bags, tiles etc tapos minsan ang client pa sa malls or condo so akyat sa parking na steep, tapos pag weekend naman gagamitin ko for my family. So for his requirement ano ang ok. I think for him balansiyado dapat sturdy for hauling, yet civilized when used for the family. I hope this will also help the TS on his decision.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Lakas sa gas niyan ...
    Kaya ni Odell yan. :D

Nawala na tuloy si TS.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
best pickup in the philippine market now