New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    *dmax... shared a lot of laughter with you today bro... it's all in the name of fun/humor... joke/pangasar lang lahat... no offense meant... sana di ka mapikon (mukhang halatang napikon ka kasi tinawag mo na ako ng kung ano ano hehe)... kung minsan kelangan lang talaga natin ng konting pinagkakatuwaan bago matulog after a long day of studies or for some, tiring work...

anyway, on-topic, though not unanimous... most people posting on this thread prefer the strada and i would like to maintain that i like strada (might buy it someday kung meron pa at may pera ako pagnakagraduate) not (only) because of its engine but because of the overall pickup package... though i would prefer the 3.2 DiD (timing-chain-equipped engine)... at the top of my feature list would be passenger comfort and safety since most are not driving alone anyway (especially for entrepreneurs with families)... the 4x4 trim has the lsd, abs, ebd and other acronyms i may not be able to understand anyway (for sure, dmax would know these)... and also, the price... it is about 200k cheaper than its closest (top of the line) competition... that may be equivalent to multiple years worth of diesel...

having said that, i am still eagerly waiting for the release of the next gen ford ranger here in the philippines... just like dmax, i believe it is a killer pickup...

chow...

good night guys (friends are already looking at me laughing in front of my computer)

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    this is an OT post. hehe.

i just wanna ask why was Dmax was banned while he was posting naman on topic? maybe he was a bit arrogant but still. but, dualsim's posts were really off topic and just making fun of Dmax's posts and didn't get banned.

I'm just concerned.

BTT:

Well, the Strada looks good naman. it's kinda subjective din kase. I remember my conyo friend asked my other friend why his car looked like a cockroach. I laughed so hard when i heard that one. No offense to Strada owners, but that was HER point of view.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The nice thing about the Strada is that it really feels like a next-generation product. It has the best crash-safety test results on the EuroNCAP, and that's reflected in a more solid feeling on the road. The plastics are better than most and though the handling is the best, it's the most car-like.

It's like the Innova of pick-ups (Fuzion doesn't count... no diesel)... a truly next-generation product. Like the Innova, though, it sacrifices some of the utility and ruggedness of the class for more civility, but since we're talking top-of-the-line trucks here, cars which will not be used for hauling lumber but more likely for family use and occassionally carrying a few saplings to the family hacienda, it'll do.

Now if we're talking work pick-ups... give me a base-model D-Max with a 4JA1T engine. Slow as hell, but bulletproof and rugged.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I may be late but I'll chime in as well. I used to drive a dmax and hilux (previous gen) in rugged terrains as I work in the field. And since the Dmax haven't changed that much, I surmise it still has that wonderful ride for a 4x4. My team would always pick the dmax when going down from camp to the city (if you can call it that) as it rides quite well. In the bush though, I would choose the hilux any day. I can make it crawl in steep slopes at 2nd gear, which I cannot do with the dmax. The hilux has lots of torque at lower RPMs.

I'd call the current ranger crude, raw, or even a beast. Its very stiff, you feel every bump in the road, but its very tough. Oh yes, its also tough on its passengers especially at the back. Its tight, its not quite easy to get in and out of and its really a bench seat. Its what we currently use, and I would definitely not recommend it in hauling family members in rough terrain except of course if you want to torture them :D.

I have no experience with the Strada so I cannot comment it, but I've heard heaps of good things about it except for the high price of maintenance.

Cheers.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    it depend sa priority ng bibile yan.
    lahat ng pickup e me kanya kanyang cons and pros. kasi kung parepareho yan e parang naghanap ka ng babae na magkakamukha.:D
    strada=comfort pickup.
    kung isa lang ang magiging sasakyan ko at daily drive ang pickup plus ang karga ko ay di naman kabigatan plus most of the time on road conditon strada kukunin ko.
    kung akyatan get the engine with early torque sa rpm band. syempre cons neto is highway speed.
    kung durugan get the most heavy duty underchassis.

if i were in the ts shoes, i'll wait for the penta ranger before deciding to buy.

kung nagmamadali ako, i will get the ranger or the hilux since i prioritize maliksi(quick) than matulin(fast) and a heavy duty underchassis/suspension. meron naman ako suv kung after ako sa riding comfort eh.

pero kung wala ako suv, i'll get the strada.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sorry sa medyo noob Q. Pag bumibili ba ng pickup pano malalaman yung maximum load na kaya niyang ikarga, san ba nakikita yun and also how would you know na yung engine na nakasalpak e kaya rin niya yung ganung bigat.

Lets say ang bibili has a business related to construction at paminsan kakargahan ng lets say cement bags?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Sorry sa medyo noob Q. Pag bumibili ba ng pickup pano malalaman yung maximum load na kaya niyang ikarga, san ba nakikita yun and also how would you know na yung engine na nakasalpak e kaya rin niya yung ganung bigat.

Lets say ang bibili has a business related to construction at paminsan kakargahan ng lets say cement bags?

With cargo trucks, you just have to subtract the Vehicle Curb Weight from the Gross Vehicle Weight. The result is the vehicle's load capacity. I assume the same goes for pickup trucks but the Gross Vehicle Weight is usually not available in the brochures unless you ask the sales people for the data.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    *TS: what will be the main purpose of the ride? Business or personal? What do you use it for ika nga? If mild cargoes among you're pick, I'll get the strada. If you're gonna use it most of the time for hauling/business the hilux is you're best pick among your current choices. The Ranger's interior is just too cramped and mas matagtag pa sa hilux eh.

But if you can wait for next year, the Ford Ranger is really worth a look.

IMHO, the best pick-up kasi is the one that will cater to most users requirement while giving the best driving experience. In the current market, the Strada is it while I'll get the Hilux 2nd.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post

In addition to what GH said, kung pang-business/work, also ask for the towing capacity para hindi magka-problem sa chassis.

It is also a good indication of the overall utility of a pick-up. But mas bibihira ata gumagawa sa atin nito.

*dualsim: yeah, I would have preferred the timing-chain 4m41 engine for the TOTL Strada din sana. Lagyan mo yan ng VGT and it will be 2nd to the penta-Ford Ranger in terms of engine power in stock form! Same PS at 200 but better pulling power from the ranger.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    [QUOTE=SiRbossR;1843016]this is an OT post. hehe.

i just wanna ask why was Dmax was banned while he was posting naman on topic? maybe he was a bit arrogant but still. but, dualsim's posts were really off topic and just making fun of Dmax's posts and didn't get banned.

I'm just concerned.

any comment GH?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
best pickup in the philippine market now