New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ^^ if only dmaxsiado's comments are as proper/discreet/prudent as niky's post (like the one above) and not overly condescending and arrogant, he would be revered as highly as few contributors here (both to their opinions and their person)

sorry OT... cant help it... (it would be fun to have him back though ahihi... ahoho)

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Aii, na ban.. Wala na yung Dmax guru natin. Inaantay ko pa naman ang mahiwagang excel file.

He's an authority sa pickups pag dating sa gubat.. Eh most user sa pinas on paved road..
    Kaya nga dapat malaman sa TS kung whats his purpose of buying the pickup.

For me, kung people hauler pinaka comfy ang strada but bed space defeats its purpose of being a utility..
    and the looks... lalo na yung single cab looks like a fullgrown tadpole. pero subjective nga.

My choice kung stock for stock and best of all worlds, alam na.. 4x4 Navara A/T Tech edition.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dili_MAXsiado View Post
    removed
    are you saying that the only reason for buying a pickup is the tech in the engine???? no matter how pleasant the suspension/ride is, it doesnt matter, as long as the engine is the most current with the highest hp/torque that can carry a mountain? it doesnt matter if it is the most boring looking truck like the dmax (at least for me, and it is subjective... yes, the egg shaped strada looks better for me... as well as the macho navara)??? kahit na sobrang usok na, mas importante pa rin kung sino ang unang naglabas ng VGT at inferior kung sobrang primitive ng engine ng iba?

what will you tell your children kung nauntog sila dahil sa katagtag ng truck mo nung dumaan ka sa hump???

sagot mo: "anak, ok lang yan, kahit may bukol ka, mataas naman ang low-end torque ng truck natin... punasahan mo yang dugo sa ulo mo... baka mauntog at mahilo ka kasi dadaan pa tayo sa minahan mamaya... habang pinupunasan mo yung dugo sa ulo mo, basahin mo itong mga excel files ko at makikita mo talaga ang mga graph ng mga truck natin kumpara sa iba..."

sagot ng anak mo: "papa, bakit yung ibang bata sa ibang truck di dumudugo ang ulo dahil sa tagtag ng truck? papa, nahihilo ako"

sagot mo: "naintindihan mo ba yung VNT/VGT/ABC/ZYX??? tumahimik ka at aralin yang binigay ko sa iyong charts... di kaya ng ibang truck yan... linisin mo yung suka mo ha... kakahugas ko lang ng truck... ahihi ahoho..."
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 21st, 2011 at 11:58 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    IMO lang mga ser, kung kukuha ako ng pick-up, priority ko din yung engine technology. Kasi, kung comfort ang iisipin sa pick-up, bakit pa nag pick-up? Sana van nalang or sedan.

Pinaka gusto kong pick-up ngayon yung Navara 4X4 LE, next is Strada GLS Sport-V 4X4. Hilux is also good, medyo off lang yung looks pero ok naman performance.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ang init! Grabe! Based on the pickups currently available in our market, I have two picks for two different preferences.

First one. For the single, athletic, youthful and adventurous hippie who likes the great outdoors, has a huge need for speed, carving corners and doing donuts, I would suggest the Ford Ranger 3.0TDCi 4x4. No doubt the best handling pickup currently available, the one with the most low end torque, excellent off road performance and is virtually a submarine in terms of water crossing ability. Yun nga lang, poor ride quality, poor quality interior materials, lacking 2nd row space makes it bad for those with families and those wanting a more sophisticated beast.

Second one. For the urban dwelling guy wanting more cabin space, the tightest turning radius available, the most futuristic and aerodynamic styling and the most number of horses available while screaming at the top end of the tach and speedo to gloat with, the Mitsubishi Strada 2.5VGT 4x4 is the most ideal choice. The downside would be the lesser bed space, poorer offroad performance as compared to the others in this segment, old problems of the 4D56 still present like the tendency to emit black smoke under hard acceleration, and the lack of power before the turbo kicks in.

However, I'd advice the TS to wait a bit. There are several excellent pickups coming in next year that are truly worth waiting for.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    that is actually my point... engine tech is only "A" factor... it is not the only factor... if you decide merely on HP and TORQUE and how current the tech of the engine is just like some people, you will surely join AUTO FORUMS and IMPOSE your WILL on others... and place an "ahihi" and "ahoho" at the end of it...

note though, i personally thank dmaxsiado for his knowledge of engines and all including his own "anecdotes" but i dont think it is right to say that other people made an idiotic mistake of buying a certain brand/model just because he thinks that the engine of his preferred brand/model is better and is a more advanced engine BECAUSE engine is NOT THE ONLY REASON for buying a vehicle...

*starex: if i am not mistaken, the president of the club for stradas is a lawyer, some are even doctors and dentists... not all pickup owners bought their pickup for hauling or whatever... some simply like pickups... whether they can use it as a pickup or not.. and we cannot do anything about it...

to continue the story....

anak: papa, dumudugo ilong ko kasi humampas ang mukha ko sa dashboard dahil sa tagtag...
    ikaw: anak, ang arte mo... di yan technical data... personal anecdote mo lang yan... ahihi... ahoho...

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    IMO lang mga ser, kung kukuha ako ng pick-up, priority ko din yung engine technology. Kasi, kung comfort ang iisipin sa pick-up, bakit pa nag pick-up? Sana van nalang or sedan.

Pinaka gusto kong pick-up ngayon yung Navara 4X4 LE, next is Strada GLS Sport-V 4X4. Hilux is also good, medyo off lang yung looks pero ok naman performance.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ah ewan. Parang ako pa napasama dito ah.

Iba na talaga mag-react mga tao ngayon.

Iba-iba naman ang priorities at gusto ng tao eh. Kung family use ang gagawin nila sa pick-up, so be it. I don't care kung yun ang gusto nila, sila yun hindi ko naman pera yung pinang-bili nila eh.

At ikaw naman, hindi ko naman kinakampihan si dmax. Pero parang yun ang dating sa iyo kasi sabi ko priority ko sa pick-up trucks ang engine.

At yung mga ganito mo:
    anak: papa, dumudugo ilong ko kasi humampas ang mukha ko sa dashboard dahil sa tagtag...
    ikaw: anak, ang arte mo... di yan technical data... personal anecdote mo lang yan... ahihi... ahoho...
    Sa tingin mo hindi OA tulad ni Dmax?

Talaga bang nangyayari yan? BS diba ;)

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    You may call me biased but based on my experience, with all the pickups i've owned, The Ranger is bang for the buck. very athletic, powerful and very useful. My friends never complained about the ride quality of the Ranger even when i changed the wheels from 16"'s to 18"s and to 20"s. Maybe it's with the driving narin.

About the space, yes, masikip sa likod pero it's not that bad compared to the Strada, its advantage is medyo . I've driven and ridden the my friend's 2011 Strada GLS-V before and the ride is pretty good but it's too "wallowy" for my taste. I also tried hauling people in it, at lumuluhod ung rear ng strada with only Six average person's on the bed and three on the second row. Mas mataas pa yung front ng Strada kesa sa rear.

on the engine department naman, it's fine on the highway but not that noticeable compared to the Ranger's 3.0 TDCi and the Hilux's 3.0D4D. the delivery is just different, you'd only feel the grunt from 2000RPM above and it's a little laggy when you're at 80kmh then you floor it, it doesn't surge like the Ranger and Hilux. Same goes for everything with the Navara A/T, but with it naman, it needs to downshift and go up the rev's up to 4,500rpm to get up to speed.

the Ranger/BT-50, Hilux, Navara and the Strada accelration times doesn't differ by an arm. Maliit lang difference among the trucks, meron lang talagang mas nauuna.

I believe Niky has some acceleration times for some of the trucks. I've read his post before somewhere.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Whooaa! Grabe!

On looks. Mitsubishi Strada. Mas modern tingnan.
    Kahit engine pa ng multicab ilagay mas gusto ko pa rin strada...Hehe! Kidding.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Tama na yan.

Relax lang guys, dapat healthy conversation lang for the benifit of our TS.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
best pickup in the philippine market now