New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    the toyota pic up in top gear shares the same underchassis with the toyota hiluxLN106,but it has a different engine and body..un LN106 hilux un yung 95-97 model before dumating un independent front suspension or ifs,with torsion bars..eto un LN166 which started 98..not so durable and has more moving parts up front...only advantage is the smooth ride compaired to the leaf spring

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Im still waiting for a 4x4 95-97 with 3L engine Hi-lux to knock on my door since I long to have one hehehe..
    BTW I have my 4x2 hi-lux 93 model and is very tough with 2L engine.

But there is a 2000 Ford ranger 2000 model 4x4 offered * 340T
    100T++ ODometer Reading

12Valve 2.5Li Turbo Intercooler, diesel
    Red Color

Please share your Inputs (Fuel Consumption, km/hr, Maintenance common problem, parts etc...) on this vehicles before I open my door for this.. Thank you.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    yung frontier titanium ko na 4x2 td 27 ang makina sakin super reliable kase timing gear so less maintenance compared to timing chain or worse timing belt. pero kahit timing gear ang frontier d maingay ang tunog. and maganda ang fuel mileage. just for info lang to ha not saying na this is the best pick up ha. yung pick up ko pala top speed is around 140 kph- 145 kph lang. and medyo mahal nga pyesa ng nissan but this is because matibay pyesa. again for info lang ha.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    strada or frontier, yan ang mga best pick up's. forget isuzu fuego, mabagal, maingay pa, ma stress ka lang sa byahe trust me. even the dmax maingay pa rin.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    This is an old thread pertaining to previous gen pick ups...but anyway,

forget isuzu fuego, mabagal, maingay pa, ma stress ka lang sa byahe trust me.
    I beg to disagree with this statement.

Frontier is good, engine is reliable also.....but it probably gives the worst ride of its contemporaries. Also its body is also comparably more prone to rust.

Strada is nice....but the aircon and the suspension parts are the weak points that needs to be constantly addressed.

Fuego is just plain sturdy......personally I can live with the noise...Stress? Quite the opposite, why worry much when you are confident the engine and the vehicle won't give up on you?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Best Pick-up?