New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Just watched this Video; the Malaysian Police Force flexing off their Mitsubishi Evo 10 Chase Car for a Malaysian TV movie, they really have the nerve to do it in public traffic which is really intense...

It got me thinking, I know the Police here only got beat-up small sedans with small engines, but I have already heard off the tricked out Corolla Altis the San Juan City Police has but still a 1.6L Sedan with Nitrous...
    Hypothetically speaking what would you choose as a good GETAWAY CAR to evade the Philippine National Police...
    Please exclude the Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches and other exotics, please be realistic,good picks from the Philippine Automotive Market...(It would also nice if it was a SLEEPER(common, not flashy) And it has to be a Car that you are willing enough to trade paint/ram into the Police just like the one in the video....
    P.S. : Not doing any criminal here, as if we really get good Car Chases here in the Philippines.....

Some Examples to get this going:
    Honda Civic SIR
    Ford Lynx RS
    Ford Expedition (1997-2000 Model; V8)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Nice. For that you'd need something rather stable and sturdy. The Ford Ranger/Mazda BT50 would be nice. Since the cop cars here are all crap and the fastest they have is a 1.6L ZZ Altis with nitrous. A Ranger/BT50 3.0TDCi equipped with a large heavy duty bullbar, some tweaks in the engine like a chip, meth injection, higher turbo boost pressure and a few suspension tweaks as well would blow the doors off the pitiful things the police has. Also since its got a waterproof computer box, it can ford just about anything. A truly go anywhere vehicle indeed. Furthermore, this is known to be the best handling/drifting truck in the local market today.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    EK9. A modded EK9. From inside and out. And with just a mild sporty look. That for me is the best "getaway" car.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    I'd get a Ranger. Yes, just like what GTi stated, that's also the reason why that's what im gonna take.

AFAIK, there is a Dodge Charger Police Car here in the PH, it's in Cebu.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    what if the police deployed their "hagad" big bikes?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Our traffic system is built to naturally handle hot cars. Our pot-riddled roads guarantees that any car going faster than 60km/h while hitting an open manhole or a huge hole in EDSA will get a flat tire. Aside from that, we're assured any RX7 drifter would smack right if they dare challenge the "King of the Road" vehicles -- EDSA jeeps and buses.. or if near Taft-EDSA interesection, the pedicabs that comes along :naughty2:

May papalag?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    no need for a getaway car for "manila's finest"........

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Anything faster than an altis. I doubt our cops even knows how to turn on the nitrous of their altis, plus even if they knew how i'm sure they'll crash the car since they don't know how to drive properly.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We really dont need fast cop cars in the Philippines. In our type of roads and conditions, arresting criminals is really more of these PNP personnel being visible, doing their intelligence homework (... intelligence and PNP in one sentence??? hehehehe), and setting strategic choke/check points.

If you ask me, the Vios and Innova patrol cars plus a multitude of bikes with trained personnel can handle 99% of the job requirements. Just train them how to drive since as aforementioned, they're mostly really stupid drivers. I had an accident with one of those back-up PNP guys already before... mga tanga talaga. Can't believe they're actually authorized to hold guns.

Since i've moved jobs, i've seen more police visibility BTW... may katabing pansitan yung office ko and every afternoon, 3-4 mobile cars line up to get free pansit.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    L300 Versa Van. :hysterical:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast