New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Ang cute kaya ng HiAce commuter...parang laruan...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah it looks like a refrigerator on wheels...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    It's kinda like Toyota's take on the Hippie bus...

Future hippies will ride on psychedellic-painted HiAce Commuters...hehehe...I like it.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    *TS, pag naka-decide at naka-bili ka na, keep us updated on your choice.

yes. I was thinking a 2004 super grandia, pero 850T pa binebneta sa akin kasi 40T mileage lang. Kaya I was thinking maybe I should get a mitsu L3FB... ok po ba ang L3FB?

I rode an urvan and 02 commuter before., mainit sa loob kahit naka-on ang aircon... though I haven't tried innova or starex. The last unit I rode with very good aircon was a 2003 revo... malamig talaga...

Ano po unit sa tingin nila has the best airconditioning for a family vehicle?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    And it costs 900 freakin' thousand pesos!
    What the hell changed about the Versa Van? :hysterical: It's looks are just the same just like before.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yeah it looks like a refrigerator on wheels...
    :hysterical: The grand starex also does, but if it's just white.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Ang cute kaya ng HiAce commuter...parang laruan...
    If they lower the price for lets say 1M flat. Then it's going to be a hit. But at 1.1M(?) No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Best choice ang Kia Carnival LWB mapa EX o LX or Hyundai Grand Starex...

AVOID THE TOYOTA HIACE!!! Para kang may Ambulance(si OTEP mayroong GL Grandia na ginawang Ambulance)..Saka pamahal nang pamahal eh pumapangit naman,pangit pa nang A/T Super Grandia variant(naging steel rims na lately,talk about cost cutting on the part of Toyota)..
    One problem with the hi-ace though, you need several jackets and comforters with you all the time :hysterical: BTW. I have ridden several hi-aces. Commuter and GL grandia. Havent had the chance to ride on in the Super Grandia though. The GL is colder than of the Commuter.

And yeah you're quite right. It IS expensive. TRULY expensive. The GS is the best bet.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    yes. I was thinking a 2004 super grandia, pero 850T pa binebneta sa akin kasi 40T mileage lang. Kaya I was thinking maybe I should get a mitsu L3FB... ok po ba ang L3FB?

I rode an urvan and 02 commuter before., mainit sa loob kahit naka-on ang aircon... though I haven't tried innova or starex. The last unit I rode with very good aircon was a 2003 revo... malamig talaga...

Ano po unit sa tingin nila has the best airconditioning for a family vehicle?
    Better to get the 2nd hand grandia than of the brand new versa van. Just make sure that the 2nd hand vehicle is in great condition.

Best a/c system i`ve rode into? Hmm.. the 2008 GL Grandia, sinipon nga ko eh. :blue:

Toyota has the best a/c system to me. Haven't tried riding on nissans kasi. Especially the urvans etc. Well, I did but once, on a uhm 2001(?) or 2002 urvan.

At 850k brand new innova ka na lang siguro, even if its the J variant. Stretch up albeit, then the E would be best. Any budget limits tho?
    Last edited by renzo_d10; September 12th, 2009 at 09:27 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Older models like the Urvan and the pre-D4D HiAce have weak rear A/Cs. Nissan used to be the bomb on making rolling fridges, but I think Toyota's taken the crown. When I drive the Innova, I usually set the fan at the lowest setting and switch the thermostat on and off every once in a while (without breaking it duh). It still clogs my sinus.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Older models like the Urvan and the pre-D4D HiAce have weak rear A/Cs. Nissan used to be the bomb on making rolling fridges, but I think Toyota's taken the crown. When I drive the Innova, I usually set the fan at the lowest setting and switch the thermostat on and off every once in a while (without breaking it duh). It still clogs my sinus.
    IMO the AC has no problem. Kulang lang talaga ang vents sa likod. IMO

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Any budget limits tho?
    I'm limiting to below 1M, I think sayang na ang pera kung more the n1M ang gastos.. I know some 07-08 starex being sold at around 900T din pero hesitant ako dahil it's a korean car and I read some not good feedbacks here at tsikot.

the L3FB (not versa van) is 650T only, it can accomodate around 10-12 people, but the seats are like jeepneys, though the aircon is strong (bnew kasi).

I have an 99 sir now and had the aircon clean, but when it comes aroubd lunchtime when the sun is sooo hot, di na makayanan ang aircon ng kotse kaya I need a very A/C parang walang reklamo ang dad ko (may HPN pa naman)..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    I'm limiting to below 1M, I think sayang na ang pera kung more the n1M ang gastos.. I know some 07-08 starex being sold at around 900T din pero hesitant ako dahil it's a korean car and I read some not good feedbacks here at tsikot.

the L3FB (not versa van) is 650T only, it can accomodate around 10-12 people, but the seats are like jeepneys, though the aircon is strong (bnew kasi).

I have an 99 sir now and had the aircon clean, but when it comes aroubd lunchtime when the sun is sooo hot, di na makayanan ang aircon ng kotse kaya I need a very A/C parang walang reklamo ang dad ko (may HPN pa naman)..
    A starex crdi would do the job. Regarding your problem during the afternoon, palagyan mo nalang ng tint such as V-kool na mataas ang heat rejection.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Best FAMILY VEHICLE?