New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hmm too broad a question... If I narrow down the question to the best vehicle for the average middle income Filipino family of 6? My answer would be the diesel powered Adventure and Revo AUVs. Still has room for exteneded family members, like the in-laws or parents.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Right! I wonder why the Japanese have not thought of putting diesel on their sedans? Only Ford (via the Focus, and maybe later the Fiesta) and Hyundai (Getz, Accent, Tucson, Santa Fe, Veracruz) are pushing for diesel on cars that are not vans or ladder frame SUV's.
    Maybe it was the mix of emissions control laws, cost, complexity lead the japanese to focus more on gasoline than diesel.

As we know, diesel costs more than gasoline per liter. Small diesel engines can only match a gasoline engine if they are equipped with a turbocharger which adds cost and complexity. Also the emissions from a diesel engine is a problem with bigger particulate size than gasoline.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    How about the new "Euro 2 look" 2010 Mitsubishi Adventure.

Satisfaction for your bucks.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The cost of bringing in modern diesel engines is enormous. Ford only managed to squirt it in at near the same price as the Japanese because they can sell low, thanks to the breaks they get from having a local factory.

A Honda Civic Diesel would likely cost 1.2 to 1.3 m.

If you were to bring in the simpler diesels, the non-turbo or non-CRDi models... people would complain. They would be slow, noisy, and less refined.

Still... I wish that Ford had chosen to take the plunge with the Lynx back then... they had a European turbodiesel version... just 90 hp or so, but that's more than enough for Manila traffic... and it would not have been as expensive as the new-generation Focus TDCi.

Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Cool ride;

Astiiiiiig!!!!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Classic! Ang ganda talaga ng properly restored (albeit modified in this case) na Kombi.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Best FAMILY VEHICLE?