New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've seen brand new CRDi Hyundais and Kias belching black smoke. There are probably problems, but not as widespread or publicized as the D4D dilemma.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    based on my experience, the diesel engine of the Nissan Civilian Mini-bus... when we still had one, I used to load the whole bus up with buko to be delivered to a stand in QC... we use the mountain roads of Rizal and the bus, at third gear will climb effortlessly (walang tunog na hirap sya) up these roads (Manila East Road yata tawag dun)... panis yung Frontier at Hilux Surf ko hehe...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba criteria nyo for best diesel engine? power/torque? realibility? or longevity?
    kung yung huli, wala na yatang tatalo aa por-ba-ey-wan (4BA1), found under the hood of the hundreds of thousands jeepneys all over the country in addition to the still running isuzu elf mini trucks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tingin ko mga germans have the best diesels nowadays. BMW in particular. Yung 3-liter diesel with sequential turbos put out 272hp and 560Nm of torque. That's more than the 3.0 NA counterpart na gasoline engine.

Same goes for the 2-liter diesel na nasa 320d and 120d: 163hp for 2-liter diesel vs. 150hp for 2-liter petrol engine.

Hindi yata available yung mga yan sa pinas ano? except for the 3.0 single-turbo na nasa X5.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    oo nga eh, sana ilabas nila dito.

Yung 520D and 535D AFAIK, meron dito. Those two are really fascinating cars.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I checked the BMW Phils website. The only diesels available are 530d and X5 3.0d. Both cars use the same engine which puts out 220hp and 480Nm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
BEST DIESEL ENGINE which one