Ground Clearance: 223 mm

Wading Depth: 800 mm

Segment: Mid-size Pickup

Base Price: P699,000 (4×2 Chassis Cab)

4. Toyota Fortuner

Ground Clearance: 220 mm

Wading Depth: 700 mm

Segment: Mid-size SUV

Base Price: P1.282 million (4×2 G 2.7 Gas A/T)

5. Subaru Forester

Wading Depth: 500 mm

Segment: Compact Crossover SUV

Base Price: 1,868 million (2L)

6. Toyota Land Cruiser Prado

Wading Depth: 600 mm

Base Price: P2.972 million (4.0L V6)

7. Mitsubishi Montero Sport

Ground Clearance: 215 mm

Wading Depth: 500 mm

Segment: Full-size SUV

Base Price: P1.208 million (GLX 2.5D 2WD MT (Non-VGT)

8. Ford Everest

Ground Clearance: 210 mm

Wading Depth: 750 mm

Base Price: P1.29 million (4X2 XLT MT)

9. Chevrolet Colorado

Ground Clearance: 210 mm

Wading Depth: 800 mm

Segment: Compact Pickup

Base Price: P1,148,888 (2.5L 4×2 Manual transmission LT)

10. Mitsubishi Strada

Ground Clearance: 205 mm

Wading Depth: 550 mm

Segment: Compact Pickup

Base Price: P880,000 (2.5 GL 4×2 M/T)

11. Ford EcoSport

Ground Clearance: 200 mm

Wading Depth: 550 mm

Segment: Mini SUV

Base Price: P775,000 (1.5L Ambiente M/T)

12. Volkswagen Touareg

Wading Depth: 580 mm

Segment: Midsize Luxury Crossover SUV

Base Price: P4.29 million (3.0 TDI V6 8AT)

13. Suzuki Grand Vitara

Wading Depth: 500mm

Segment: Compact SUV

Base Price: P1.16 million (2.4 L 4×2 M/T)

Conclusion

When you are living in a flooded area or constantly commuting to a location which has a long history of flooding, it is best to buy a car that has excellent flood capabilities. In our list, only the Ford Ranger and Ford Ecosport are under P1 million. Some other accessories you could install in your car to enhance its wading performance and draw out water are snorkels and breathing pipes extension.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    in retrospect, crossovers are not meant for crossing flood as they are meant to "hug" the road in the urban jungle and basically with a low fording depth. If you really want a vehicle for this purpose get a pickup or SUV and lift it at your desired height to increase more its fording ability. Personally, even if I drive a 4x4, I still avoid flooded streets if I can. Why? because fording your vehicle in flood invites many problems like water going inside your tranny, differentials, dirty water finding its way into your brake fluid, dirty water finding its way into your wheel bearings, etc and the list goes on. Even SUV/pickups right from the casa are not immune to flood waters. Prep your suv for fording entails a lot of work like relocating your tranny and differential breathers to a higher location, repacking wheel bearings, "waterproofing" the submersible parts of your vehicle, etc..
    Still dare to cross a flooded street?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

in retrospect, crossovers are not meant for crossing flood as they are meant to "hug" the road in the urban jungle and basically with a low fording depth. If you really want a vehicle for this purpose get a pickup or SUV and lift it at your desired height to increase more its fording ability. Personally, even if I drive a 4x4, I still avoid flooded streets if I can. Why? because fording your vehicle in flood invites many problems like water going inside your tranny, differentials, dirty water finding its way into your brake fluid, dirty water finding its way into your wheel bearings, etc and the list goes on. Even SUV/pickups right from the casa are not immune to flood waters. Prep your suv for fording entails a lot of work like relocating your tranny and differential breathers to a higher location, repacking wheel bearings, "waterproofing" the submersible parts of your vehicle, etc..
    Still dare to cross a flooded street?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    I'd throw in the MUX. Really great. Matipid din for city driving and syempre for long drives. Not the fast lang though

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    If top priority ang height, get a pickup or SUV. Nakita mo naman siguro kung paano bumaha dito satin. Prepare for the worst case scenario. Mamili ka nalang sa list na binigay ni mda

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    OK I'll rephrase the question. Which crossover has the highest wading depth?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post
    OK I'll rephrase the question. Which crossover has the highest wading depth?
    Based on the data shared by Monseratto, the Ecosport is the cheapest crossover with a wading capability of 500mm. If you want a vehicle with AWD, then the Subaru Forester can fit within your budget (assuming with discounts). XV can also be an option as its platform has similarities with the Forester.
    Last edited by Egan101; August 26th, 2015 at 03:00 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Based on the data shared by Monseratto, the Ecosport is the cheapest crossover with a wading capability of 500mm. If you want a vehicle with AWD, then the Subaru Forester can fit within your budget (assuming with discounts). XV can also be an option as its platform has similarities with the Forester.
    Given all the negative feedback about EcoSport and Ford's after-sales service, would you guys get a cheaper, higher EcoSport or a lower and more expensive (but not as much negative feedback) Tucson?

I still can't find the wading depth of the HRV. With the EcoSport at 500mm, XV at 450mm and Tucson at 400mm, then factoring in after-sales service, I might have to settle for the XV or HRV.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ HARI Motors (Hyundai Local Dealer) has a lot of horror stories regarding its after-sales service. You can browse here in Tsikot the bad experiences of some members with HARI Motors. KIA's local dealer, Colombia Motors, has a better reputation in terms of after-sales service.

Don't expect much from the HRV in terms of ground clearance as it is about the same or lower than the CRV. The CRV sits lower than most of the compact crossovers.
    Last edited by Egan101; August 26th, 2015 at 03:25 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hyundai has just as awful aftersales as Ford. In fact, I have no problem with Ford except that they're expensive. And the upside is that some Ford dealers aren't expensive. I used to have my car serviced at Ford BGC and my 10k PMS was almost 11k. In Ford Makati, for my 20k PMS, I only spent 8k. And thats with 9L of FS oil already.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    What's the reputation of Subaru?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast