New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In the PH? An SUV or crossover. There's no guarantee what the road conditions will be like. Might as well take something that can handle poorly maintained roads.

Maybe even a privately owned jeep? I wouldn't mind.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A minivan is the best companion for a road trip if you are ferrying a lot of people and luggage. My longest road trips had been in the US and we were happy with a Dodge Caravan rental.

Locally, my FXT has proven its worth providing comfort for passengers plus ample cargo space. A bigger crossover like a Pilot or Explorer would be welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ngsun im somehow shifting to a van for a road trip. Ang sarap sumakay sa Grand Starex even to drive it. Maganda na naman roads sa Philippines major provincial roads .

And you can just throw everything na binile mo sa daan at the back coz it has big space, as well as leg space, unat space, and its just so comfy

Sana yun Hiace commuter may option to change the seats config, siguro in 10 years mag driver na lang ako and convert the biggest hiace to my personal limo

Vans are gonna slowly replace PPVs siguro as major workhorse vehicle as we explore our countryside

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    In the PH? An SUV or crossover. There's no guarantee what the road conditions will be like. Might as well take something that can handle poorly maintained roads.

Maybe even a privately owned jeep? I wouldn't mind.

I would love to drive one here, right now as my daily commute...

For as long as the ride is comfortable, air-conditioned and can be properly locked...

Mga naka motor,- so sumabit na kayo, nanyo!!;

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

For as long as the ride is comfortable, air-conditioned and can be properly locked...

"hatak for a fee!"
    heh heh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A minivan is the best companion for a road trip if you are ferrying a lot of people and luggage. My longest road trips had been in the US and we were happy with a Dodge Caravan rental.

Locally, my FXT has proven its worth providing comfort for passengers plus ample cargo space. A bigger crossover like a Pilot or Explorer would be welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ganda ng ride ng Explorer.

one of my collegues meron LCprado. napaka wallowy. I wouldnt ride that for long drives.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I have a soft spot for the PH jeep because it's the vehicle I learned to drive in. Plus, if it's old tech, I can maintain and work on it myself.

On road trips, it's not likely to attract unwanted attention like a "fancy" minivan or SUV.

Plus, they're reasonably affordable. This one is PhP90k used. Geez. I like it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345