New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Ganyan din nangyari sa akin a year ago. Pumipili ako ng unit sa Toyota its either Innova, Altis or vios pero naisipan ko ring pumasyal sa Honda at na in love din sa City kaya yun din kinuha ko. So far no regrets. Check this site for more City GM reviews http://www.hondacityclubph.com

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    *tidus1203 we're from Manila but my trips to and from UP at the start and the end of each week makes Quezon Avenue the road we pass by the most. TQA is the most convenient for us. Also Honda Cars Quezon City. :D

*renzo_d10 Masyadong malayo :P

AAAAAND WE HAVE A SURPRISE. My dad decided to have a stop-over in Honda Cars Quezon City because... he fell in love with the City. It was my first time to get into one then and it is pure LOVE. He immediately called my Mom to tell her that he prefers the City na.

I hope we get one in Habanero Red. <3

Pinapatanong lang ng dad ko kung kamusta ride ng City. Hindi pa kasi kami nakakapag-test drive eh. Thanks. :D
    Habanero red means 1.3S - Upgrade?

Civic na. May habanero red din yan :D

HAHA

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6L is a very practical choice but you have to consider the engine sludge problem that this plagues the ZZ series engines. The problem can be delayed/controlled by strict engine oil changes every 5000 kilometers. Missing a scheduled oil change can be fatal to the engine.

Aside from that specific fact, the Altis is a hard car to beat for the price. relatively roomy interior and comfortable ride quality.

Another options you should seriously consider are the Honda City S 1.3L M/T and Honda Jazz S 1.3L M/T. Both are within your budget and are good value for money. The Jazz can haul cargo as big as some SUVs simply by folding down the rear seats. With the seats up, it is more than a decent city car with peppy performance & good fuel economy. Good looks doesn't hurt too.

sorry kung medyo OT: sir ghosthunter, possible kaya na nagkakasludge dahil binebeybi ang engine while driving? or the sludging is a design issue? thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    mine is also altis 1.6 G m/t.. matipid talaga sya and practical.. matagal na yang sludging problem ng altis.. kahit mga older models (2003 +) ganyan din ang prob. but nadadaan naman sa maintenance yan. it's still a great car!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    *Lanchong Hahaha thanks for the heads-up. :D

*mda 1.3S kasi yung unit na nasa showroom. BUTI NA LANG. He asked the sales agent what exactly the S has that the A doesn't and... he realized that the P40k price difference is worth it. Now my mom and I are in the process of convincing him to get a Red one. We scrapped of black kasi ayaw ng mom ko and beige kasi it's too... gay (no offense male bold beige City owners) for dad and I. Alabaster Silver or Habanero Red na lang and the Habanero Red just has way more appeal. Hindi sayang yung ganda ng design ng car. :D

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    A really good choice! But does the car plan really not approve of the Civic 1.8V? I find it to be more worth the price compared with the 1.3S City considering the price difference of 140k, you get more class, bigger engine and space and only slightly lower FC. WHo knows? There might even be discounts!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    *GTi thanks! But yeah hindi talaga approved yung Civic. *-) And wala ring discounts eh.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    pitching in another option...

how about the mazda 2?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    *scharnhorst We took a look at it and... my dad hated it. It was too small daw and it really looked like a rat. So not his type.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have a mazda 2 and ouch!!

Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    it really looked like a rat.

but come to think of it. oo nga noh!

my car is white so pwede ko pangalanang Hamster. hehe

btt: toyota is still the most practical choice.

what about the hyundai accent crdi? tipid at mabilis yan.

hyundai spare parts are cheap!
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Best car for P800k budget