New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'd go for the Lancer talaga. I won't get the cruze. No offense to cruze owners. I also considered the cruze along with the civic, lancer and altis when I was gettting a car. Accord parang mas bagay sa may driver.

Since money is not as issue for you (sarap naman), why won't you consider an SUV?
    Last edited by _Cathy_; December 31st, 2010 at 12:00 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Due to the condition of our roads, I wouldn't get a sedan anymore. I'd waste my time and money in never-ending wheel alignments and its scary when the encountering a flood. Besides, the extra seating capacity and space is welcome anytime. What is the engine of your FD, BTW? I'd suggest the Toyota Fortuner 3.0D4D (as a friend of mine has experienced, the 2.5D4D is very weak for the car). I'm not a fan of the Montero's looks, if it comes to body kits and rims, a white Fortuner with body kit and gun metal or black rims would be nice. Or even better, get a Sorento ReVGT or Santa Fe ReVGT. IMHO the Sorento looks better with the body kit while the Santa Fe is best looking as it is. And aside from that, there's the PERFORMANCE to come with the body kit and rims.
    Wala naman po masyado flood sa lugar namin, we're not from NCR. Problem din kasi sa SUVs is malaki, there's a road here na sobrang sikip tapos dito dumadaan mga malalaking truck kasi there's a nearby shipping company tapos andito pa mga nakapark na PUJ sa daanan. One time my father's SUV was almost hit by truck. My father's SUV is less big than the fortuner

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How about a Subaru? 2.0 ba yung FD mo?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I'd go for the Lancer talaga. I won't get the cruze. No offense to cruze owners. I also considered the cruze along with the civic, lancer and altis when I was gettting a car. Accord parang mas bagay sa may driver.

Since money is not as issue for you (sarap naman), why won't you consider an SUV?
    Medyo nahihirapan pa kasi ako sa SUVs im a newbie driver pa naman and since pahirapan ang daanan samin, I cant afford to watch my car na may gasgas. The fd was just passed to me.
    Hoping pa naman. Nangangarap lang na baka mabago. hehe. Money is still a problem since nakakakonsenya din lakad dito lakad doon then hindi mo naman pera ginagmit mo pang gasoline.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    How about a Subaru? 2.0 ba yung FD mo?

Naisip ko rin yung impreza, problem is wala silang CASA dito samin.
    We only have Ford, Honda, Mitsu, Toyota, Isuzu, Nissan, Hyundai. If im not mistaken yan lang ata.

Incase ang option lang ay "impreza 2.0 vs GT-A" what's better?
    Havent seen an impreza personally(not the proper term since car

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by henyomzky View Post
    Naisip ko rin yung impreza, problem is wala silang CASA dito samin.
    We only have Ford, Honda, Mitsu, Toyota, Isuzu, Nissan, Hyundai. If im not mistaken yan lang ata.

Incase ang option lang ay "impreza 2.0 vs GT-A" what's better?
    Havent seen an impreza personally(not the proper term since car
    Only Mitsubishi and Hyundai are listed in their ads. The others, please give me their addresses and add Kia to the list.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hyundai Tucson 2.0ReVGT nalang. Its no bigger than a sedan, even smaller. And the taller ride height is a plus, so is the higher ground clearance. The CRDi engine is faster than your FD and is more economical too. With that hindi ka na makokonsensya na nagsasayang ka ng gas na bili ng hindi mo pera.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    go for the sonata or the gt-a.. if you prefer sedans.. or try considering the new 2011 accent of hyundai...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    when I was a college student, the ideal car I would have had would:

1) be able to go anywhere kasi ang hilig namin mag out of town. kahit baha or ilog or lubak.
    2) kaya magdala ng cargo for #1
    3) kasya marami for those impromptu gimiks
    4) tipid sa fuel kasi galing yung pang gas sa allowance

had a pickup truck during college... it could fulfill everything except #3 (but we could cram 7 people inside without fear of wrecking the suspension ). had an aftermarket sound system installed too... haha. and dark tint :rofl:

kidding aside, if you really want something stylish... and fun to drive.

how about the 2.0T Genesis Coupe?

1)the FC's the same with other 2 liters
    2)the interior is as fun as the exterior
    3)you won't need any body kit
    4)5 year maintenance warranty

it's not gonna be a barkada-friendly car, but man, sobrang astig mo nun.

otherwise I'd go for the Lancer GT-A or the Ford Focus TDCi (or for SUVs, the CRDi Tucson) . The Focus was just updated and given new mags lately.

AFAIK, isa lang ang subaru dealership sa pinas. maintenance for an impreza may be problematic unless you're just within the metro.

The cruze is a good car, but former chevy owners cite very high maintenance costs with chevy (pang bmw nga raw), and it has a slow, wallowy ride. The mitsu and ford will give peppier rides.

if you want something really easy to squeeze into small streets... then subcompact nalang? fiesta/mazda2/vios/city/jazz/yaris/accent...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Due to the condition of our roads, I wouldn't get a sedan anymore. I'd waste my time and money in never-ending wheel alignments and its scary when the encountering a flood. Besides, the extra seating capacity and space is welcome anytime. What is the engine of your FD, BTW? I'd suggest the Toyota Fortuner 3.0D4D (as a friend of mine has experienced, the 2.5D4D is very weak for the car). I'm not a fan of the Montero's looks, if it comes to body kits and rims, a white Fortuner with body kit and gun metal or black rims would be nice. Or even better, get a Sorento ReVGT or Santa Fe ReVGT. IMHO the Sorento looks better with the body kit while the Santa Fe is best looking as it is. And aside from that, there's the PERFORMANCE to come with the body kit and rims.
    If you insist on sedans, you may want to consider the Focus TDCi Powershift for sportiness or the Hyundai Sonata for luxury.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi
    Hyundai Tucson 2.0ReVGT nalang. Its no bigger than a sedan, even smaller. And the taller ride height is a plus, so is the higher ground clearance. The CRDi engine is faster than your FD and is more economical too. With that hindi ka na makokonsensya na nagsasayang ka ng gas na bili ng hindi mo pera.
    Bakit masyado biased sa Hyundai?
    ------
    Wag Tucson. Dumadami na kami..
    ------
    My recommendations:
    Lancer EX GT-A
    Chevrolet Cruze LT
    Upcoming Hyundai Elantra

Steady ka muna sa compact sedans.. Hirap pag SUV ang dala mo tapos college ka palang. Hahahaha

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Best car for college student