New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I own a civic fd '07 pero still hoping na mapalitan to since my brother is going to college already by next year. Kung may chance po ba na mapalitan to, what would you suggest?

Priorities are:
    1.) FC(same with FD or less ng konti)
    2.) Porma(after 2 years palagyan ng body kits, palit mags)
    3.) Interior(maganda sa loob)
    4.) Maintenance

Nevermind po muna yung budget.

Just hoping lang naman po. hehe.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Montero!!!

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    how about a lancer GT-A?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Montero!!!

Yung hindi po Malaki. probably a compact car/coupe.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by henyomzky View Post
    I own a civic fd '07 pero still hoping na mapalitan to since my brother is going to college already by next year. Kung may chance po ba na mapalitan to, what would you suggest?

Priorities are:
    1.) FC(same with FD or less ng konti)
    2.) Porma(after 2 years palagyan ng body kits, palit mags)
    3.) Interior(maganda sa loob)
    4.) Maintenance

Nevermind po muna yung budget.

Just hoping lang naman po. hehe.
    Ui, diba bago pa lang yung FD mo diba ? Anyways .. I'd pick the Lancer EX.

1. Not so much. Can get 6-7km/l in City driving. Though yun na yung one of the worst FC na nakuha ko sa FD. Pero pwede na for a 2.0L

2. In stock form, panalo na. Change the mags to something nice like 18's TE's or something like that. Just simple, nothing fancy. Lalong magsstand out. Forget the bodykits IMO. Just a rear wing ( stock for GT & GT-A variants ) tapos some diffusers etc. etc. again, keep it simple.

3. Interior. Maganda siya. I love the gauges of the EX. Tapos yung sound system maganda na rin - if kukunin mo eh yung TOTL variant.

4. They say Mitsubishi's maintenance is slightly expensive. Pero coming from a honda, probably it will be just the same. Mahal din kasi PMS ng honda.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When I was a college student back in 1997 (bistado ang edad), I drove a 1977 W123 Mercedes Benz 300D with a 4 speed manual.

Excellent FC (diesel pa).

Porma is subjective. But hey, I was driving a Mercedes! I remember my classmates were driving Mazda 323's and Lancer GSR's. Wala na sa kanila yung mga cars na yun ngayon kasi 'naluma' na daw. Yung Benz ko, andito pa din, Sunday car na nga lang.

Interior is boring as vanilla pero matibay and timeless ang style. But it's one classic Benz that has keyless entry with remote (thank you, Banawe), CD changer (cassette pa yung ibang cars nung time na ito), and a Nokia car phone that will blow the horn when a call comes in (hindi pa de-sim card ang phones nung araw).

Maintenance was easy (madaming replacement filters and stuff), and walang computer ang makina so mechanical lahat. Yung repairs lang ang medyo mahal (e.g. pag may kalampag sa suspension, or nung nasira yung brake vacuum).

Pero kahit hanggang bumper ang baha sa Espana hindi tumitirik and kahit saan mo iwanan, hindi siya pansinin. The hood badge got stolen once but it's easy to replace.

Sorry, hindi ko na alam kung ano ang mga type ng mga younger ones ngayon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by henyomzky View Post
    Yung hindi po Malaki. probably a compact car/coupe.
    The bigger the better kasi. kidding.

I'd go for the Lancer too since it's most often matched/compared with the FD. There's an existing thread on that. You might want to check it out.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; December 30th, 2010 at 11:44 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Due to the condition of our roads, I wouldn't get a sedan anymore. I'd waste my time and money in never-ending wheel alignments and its scary when the encountering a flood. Besides, the extra seating capacity and space is welcome anytime. What is the engine of your FD, BTW? I'd suggest the Toyota Fortuner 3.0D4D (as a friend of mine has experienced, the 2.5D4D is very weak for the car). I'm not a fan of the Montero's looks, if it comes to body kits and rims, a white Fortuner with body kit and gun metal or black rims would be nice. Or even better, get a Sorento ReVGT or Santa Fe ReVGT. IMHO the Sorento looks better with the body kit while the Santa Fe is best looking as it is. And aside from that, there's the PERFORMANCE to come with the body kit and rims.
    Last edited by GTi; December 30th, 2010 at 11:49 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    GT-A po ang suggested car nyo.
    Me and my friends was talking last month. Nagtalo kame "Lancer GT-A vs Chevy Cruze 1.8 vs accord(mukhang pang executive naman toh)"

What's best sa tatlo?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you insist on sedans, you may want to consider the Focus TDCi Powershift for sportiness or the Hyundai Sonata for luxury.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Best car for college student