New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Toyota Innova for more passenger capacity, better durability and flood wading capability as well as fuel economy.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Flood wading? Crosswind!

Nothing beats an old school diesel in deep water.

And nothing beats that feeling of your spine being tenderized by the sweet vibrations of diesel... :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hmm... yes but then everyone will feel the spine tingling vibrations caused by the engine as well as those caused by the jittery suspension. And there's the , if not as good as the Crosswind, is actually quite good on floods, I've seen a diesel one going through the flood at D.Tuazon with the water level already fully covering its headlights and it was able to go through the whole stretch without breaking a sweat.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Oops, accidentally erased something, I meant "And there's the slow acceleration and the pathetic 140km/h speed limit"

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    For the TS budget, new diesel vehicles are out of range. The Jazz is his/her best option. Had he/she said anything about wading floods and braving the streets of the metro, he would need a bigger budget and a bigger vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Flood wading? Crosswind!

Nothing beats an old school diesel in deep water.

And nothing beats that feeling of your spine being tenderized by the sweet vibrations of diesel... :hysterical:
    haha. . .nice observation

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes the Innova may cost more but not by much there's the 2.5J at 858k, 2.5E MT at 968k and if an AT is really needed there's the 978k 2.0E A/T. I believe the extra bucks spent is worth it in the long run. Living in the Philippines means pothole ridden roads and flash floods every now and then especially during the second half of the year. Both of these are the subcompact hatch's mortal enemies. There'll be numerous trips for wheel alignment and Honda's maintenance is very costly. With an MPV, you can ferry three more people in each trip, you can save more on diesel fuel and lesser maintenance bills and there's the feeling of security when crossing floods or bad roads. And with the Innova, fuel mileage is only slightly lower and top speed is not that far off from a 1.5 Vios or a Jazz right?

Just my 2 cents

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    haha. . .nice observation
    Maybe everytime I make caldereta I should put the beef at the top of the hood of the Crosswind. Might be faster to tenderize it that way than a pressure cooker!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Yes the Innova may cost more but not by much there's the 2.5J at 858k, 2.5E MT at 968k and if an AT is really needed there's the 978k 2.0E A/T. I believe the extra bucks spent is worth it in the long run. Living in the Philippines means pothole ridden roads and flash floods every now and then especially during the second half of the year. Both of these are the subcompact hatch's mortal enemies. There'll be numerous trips for wheel alignment and Honda's maintenance is very costly. With an MPV, you can ferry three more people in each trip, you can save more on diesel fuel and lesser maintenance bills and there's the feeling of security when crossing floods or bad roads. And with the Innova, fuel mileage is only slightly lower and top speed is not that far off from a 1.5 Vios or a Jazz right?

Just my 2 cents
    Alignment is a problem only if you go over potholes at Tommi Makinnen speeds and expensive maintenance is more than paid back by the fact that you have to go back to the casa only half as often as diesel owners, who have to go back every 5000kms.

Though if you need a passenger ferry, I highly recommend the Innova. Just as long as you're careful where you fuel up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    bros how about best cars under 800k?

I learned from here the top choices are city & vios and as I understand you can not get wrong if you choose either one of them...

aside from two, if we want to be adventurous, what are other options, other cars that we should be checking out and worth considering?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Best car for 800-900k budget