New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    wala ba sa listahan mo ang gets? hehe fuel efficient sya..dinala namin sa baguio 5 adults including driver at may bagahe pa kami,d naman nahirapan umakyat ng kenon at best part of it eh 600 pesos lang ang gasulina namin balikan from bulacan..
    may lalabas na bagong lancer ex 1.6 pasok sa budget mo pwede pang ihuggle sa mga freebies...actually yung buget mo 850k yan ang price na nakuha ko sa lancer ex 2.0 glx..may discout kasi na almost 75k nung kinuha namin..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Discontinued na ang Getz eh, to make way for the I10 and Accent. In between kasi ata yung size nya sa 2 cars na ito... Kung meron pa nyan plus the diesel engine version, panalo sana un!

Max yung 850k, but I prefer not to go over 800k... May plan din kasi na change to a bigger vehicle in 3-5 years time pag bigger na ang family. Kaya nasama na sa consideration namin ngayon ang resale value.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're selling in three years, get a two-year old secondhand. You lose the least in terms of resale value, and you will still have enough warranty to cover you until you sell it.

Not worth getting brand new if you're going to sell right away. Waste of money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Thanks Niky!

I would like to get a 2nd hand too. However, I am not great with cars so there is a chance that I could get fooled. In 2010, I almost bought an ondoy victim car. Luckily my father brought his trusted mechanic prior to the final deal...

Maybe someone can give me a trust worthy second hand car seller/dealer?

My 3 years usage then upgrade is just an optimistic estimate. Probably its after 5 years or so unless tumama ako sa lotto.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you're going to keep it for 5 years or so, brand new na. Still feels different getting a brand spanking new car out of CASA.

Pero kung two to three years nga, 2nd hand.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Just want to share,

I spoke with my wife last night and gave pros and cons of getting the 2nd hand. Eto response nya.

"Alam mo, Tucson talaga gusto ko. Pero since di pa kaya ng budget natin, I had to accept na we should get a smaller car for practicality. We went to the smallest acceptable car. I don't want to go smaller than that."

She is implying that 2nd hand small car is smaller than the brand new. I guess more pride pag brand new. So brand new it is! Keep the wife happy. Hehehe.

We are still waiting for the bank's approval. We'll get the sports/special edition in Red. Oks lang ba yung at 785k? Di ko na mapiga ang mga agent for discount greater than 60k... I guess standard na nila yun. Unfortunately wala pa nag email ng final qoute nila...

Any idea how much ang discount sa Accent 1.6? Magagalit na wife ko nito kasi pabagobago isip sa kukunin. Hehehe. From City to Elantra to City to Altis to Fiesta to Rio then finally to Vios.

I really miss my Civic FD, 14 months ko na nahulugan. It got wrecked. Consolation na lang is gasgas lang nakuha ko.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vefyjeph View Post
    I really miss my Civic FD, 14 months ko na nahulugan. It got wrecked. Consolation na lang is gasgas lang nakuha ko.
    Wrecked worst than this?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vefyjeph View Post
    Just want to share,

I spoke with my wife last night and gave pros and cons of getting the 2nd hand. Eto response nya.

"Alam mo, Tucson talaga gusto ko. Pero since di pa kaya ng budget natin, I had to accept na we should get a smaller car for practicality. We went to the smallest acceptable car. I don't want to go smaller than that."

She is implying that 2nd hand small car is smaller than the brand new. I guess more pride pag brand new. So brand new it is! Keep the wife happy. Hehehe.

We are still waiting for the bank's approval. We'll get the sports/special edition in Red. Oks lang ba yung at 785k? Di ko na mapiga ang mga agent for discount greater than 60k... I guess standard na nila yun. Unfortunately wala pa nag email ng final qoute nila...

Any idea how much ang discount sa Accent 1.6? Magagalit na wife ko nito kasi pabagobago isip sa kukunin. Hehehe. From City to Elantra to City to Altis to Fiesta to Rio then finally to Vios.

Bakit ayaw mo ng Elantra? Hehe. Para naman kasing laki din halos ng FD mo.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    I like Elantra... However lampas na sa budget. Gusto sana namin tapos loan in 3 years. Mag extend ng 4 years loan kung elantra.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Vios na talaga kukunin mo sir vefyjeph?

Personally kasi, the Vios is the most boring choice in the market right now. It doesn't offer anything outstanding. Wala kang gusto sa ibang ~800k subcompacts?

- Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sport
    - Hyundai Accent 1.6 GLS
    - Mazda 2 1.5R
    - Honda Jazz 1.3 S
    - Honda City 1.3 S
    - Kia Rio 1.4 EX Hatchback
    - Suzuki Swift 1.4 VVT

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Best Buy Subcompact Car