New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I have 300K budget to buy 2nd car. Should be automatic para madrive ng wife ko. Pero gusto ko rin sana yun maporma ng konti. Type ko sana yun Honda Lxi AT na Sir look.. Pwede rin Corolla para reliable. Need your advice guys.. TIA

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    had same dilemma before, in the end, I chose Mits Lancer MX INVECS II 2000 model. A very reliable car, all power, 4disc brakes, dual SRS airbags, all leather seat (with headrest including rear seats) decent stereo and very cool aircon.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    AFAIK, toyota makes better A/Ts than Honda. so corolla if A/T, kung pwede manual, civic heheh

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    you cant go wrong with either brands.... i agree that as far as ATs go, the Toyota is smoother compared to the shift shock plagued EK Civic....

better just go after which better unit you will find of both brands.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    test drive mo pareho and then decide, tama sila... either of those brands have proven that their cars are tops

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My mom's car used to be a Honda Civic LXi a/t ... suffers from shiftshock if driven moderately. You really have to drive it lightly to get around that shiftshock problem.

Currently driving a '99 Corolla GLi a/t (ae111)... shiftshock is pretty light until it's pushed hard. The same goes for the previous model corolla (ae101).

The main problem of getting the ae111 model corolla is the cramp rear seating and rather soft rear springs, if you have three regular sized people on the back seat, the rear WILL bottom out.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Luap
    had same dilemma before, in the end, I chose Mits Lancer MX INVECS II 2000 model. A very reliable car, all power, 4disc brakes, dual SRS airbags, all leather seat (with headrest including rear seats) decent stereo and very cool aircon.

honga mas maganda to. nasa 300k na rn ata ang price neto eh.
    pero among your choices, i would go for the rolla.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Reliable ba talaga ang Mits Lancer MX INVECS II 2000 model? Naku hirap naman yata humanap ng ganun. Bihira sa mga classifieds yan ganyan model. Incase of rollas or hondas ano naman maganda model worth of my money? thanks tsikoteers..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    perhaps an alternative would be a sentra grandeur, not sure if pasok sa budget mo maybe you have to stretch the budget to 350k or something

Best Buy at 300K Budget : Honda LXi/Vti AT or Corolla AT