New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    2009 to 2011 Expedition or 2012 to 2014 Explorer?

Haven't ridden an Explorer. Gusto ko ang ride ng Expedition. Mostly out of MM ako so traffic ko siguro would be going out Mondays and going back lang Fridays. Not really planning on using sa city that much.
    I understand malakas gas consumption pero meron bang iba that would give similar riding comfort? Right now, using an old 6 cylinder sedan kaya malakas din naman sa gas. Probably averaging 6 to 7 km per liter lang din.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A big V6 or V8 in our traffic conditions would get you between 4-5 km/L.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Yup. Thinking it would cost me additional 5k monthly for the ride comfort. Cant think of any diesel powered vehicle that would afford the same.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by olats View Post
    2009 to 2011 Expedition or 2012 to 2014 Explorer?

Haven't ridden an Explorer. Gusto ko ang ride ng Expedition. Mostly out of MM ako so traffic ko siguro would be going out Mondays and going back lang Fridays. Not really planning on using sa city that much.
    I understand malakas gas consumption pero meron bang iba that would give similar riding comfort? Right now, using an old 6 cylinder sedan kaya malakas din naman sa gas. Probably averaging 6 to 7 km per liter lang din.

Depends on what you need. Our family has both right now, not sure if it's the same spec as what you are looking for

2010 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer, 2012 Explorer V6 AWD.

If you need the space, hands down Expedition. But if you will be the one driving it, the Explorer is much better to drive,
    has more features, probably as efficient as your current V6 sedan. Comfort is okay as well for the Explorer even with
    the 20" Wheels.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    You can checkout those newer Explorers, some of them has the 4-cylinder turbo engines. It might be better in terms of fuel efficiency.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Depends on what you need. Our family has both right now, not sure if it's the same spec as what you are looking for

2010 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer, 2012 Explorer V6 AWD.

If you need the space, hands down Expedition. But if you will be the one driving it, the Explorer is much better to drive,
    has more features, probably as efficient as your current V6 sedan. Comfort is okay as well for the Explorer even with
    the 20" Wheels.
    Yes, looking at a 2011 EL. May 2013 Explorer din, but wary ako sa 2.0li with that big body so baka yun bigger engine ang hanapin ko.

Use would be mostly para sakin and driver lang. Lots of space is nice, but I do think the EL is a but of an overkill. Iniisip ko lang kung pareho lang in terms of fc, might as well go bigger, right? Biggest concern about the explorer yun issues about monoxide tsaka transmission problems din ata.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since you said it will mostly be for out of town, then Expedition it is. Even if just for the extra cargo space.

Not considering a minivan?

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Since you said it will mostly be for out of town, then Expedition it is. Even if just for the extra cargo space.

Not considering a minivan?

Parang mas sulit kumuha van like a starex if ganun? What's the advantage? Especially some luxury minivans big gas engine din kaya parang ganun din?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by olats View Post
    Parang mas sulit kumuha van like a starex if ganun? What's the advantage? Especially some luxury minivans big gas engine din kaya parang ganun din?

IMHO easier ingress/egress vs an SUV, can easily accomodate stated passenger capacity plus cargo without being as huge as the Expedition EL, and those oh so fancy power sliding doors. [emoji23]

Even the gas minivans are one notch down from the old Triton in terms of engine size. Then there is the availability of diesels should you consider them.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    IMHO easier ingress/egress vs an SUV, can easily accomodate stated passenger capacity plus cargo without being as huge as the Expedition EL, and those oh so fancy power sliding doors. [emoji23]

Even the gas minivans are one notch down from the old Triton in terms of engine size. Then there is the availability of diesels should you consider them.

How about a kia grand carnival? Malaki ang cabin nyan.. diesel pa... or toyota super grandia.. although mukhang maliit cabin space nyan compared sa carnival

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast