New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you really need/want a car despite Japan's efficient commuting system, I suppose the Altezza is the better car between the two. The old Legacy looks... well... old. Is it the turbocharged variant you are looking at? or the normally aspirated one? If it's n/a, even more reason to avoid considering the drag of the AWD system and rather underpowered engine. I'd suggest you widen up your options too. You're in Japan, dude! Perhaps you can consider such slinky cars as the same-era Honda Inspire or the Nissan Laurel.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    not really efficient in the rural areas. The local bus in my area only comes once in an hour.

Ok, so I've narrowed down my choices to these cars:

Altezza RS200 Z-edition
    Chaser 2.5 tourer V

I was gonna include the skyline sedan gts 2.5 (2wd) and toyota crown athlete v (S170) but the maintance is kinda high.

so many choices

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by N3gus View Post
    not really efficient in the rural areas. The local bus in my area only comes once in an hour.

Ok, so I've narrowed down my choices to these cars:

Altezza RS200 Z-edition
    Chaser 2.5 tourer V

I was gonna include the skyline sedan gts 2.5 (2wd) and toyota crown athlete v (S170) but the maintance is kinda high.

so many choices
    I'd pick the Chaser between the two. I believe the one you are talking about is the version with the turbocharged 1JZ engine? Mas malawak sa loob at mas malakas ang makina, as long as fuel consumption is of no importance to you.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    got the altezza 6MT. relatively quick and nimble car. the bigger cars on the list had a boaty ride which can be solved by a suspension upgrade but imho this car has the more driver-oriented ride.
    I'm pleased with my purchase!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Best 2nd hand car for under ,000.