New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Uso naman yan sa Tsikot - get a really high MID figure for a short distance, then claim it as "regular" FC for your vehicle.

Too bad maraming nauuto.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Kung budget is not an issue go for the audi a4 1.8l or the mb c180
    kung under 1m sylphy is the best choice for you

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kung budget is not an issue go for the audi a4 1.8l or the mb c180
    kung under 1m sylphy is the best choice for you

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I dunno what the upper limit of the budget is, but if the Germans are too pricey, there's the 1.6 HDi Peugeot 5008 for 2M.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Be on the safe side, Get the mazda3 or the altis.. I also like the sylphy, but my inner instincts tells me to buy the mazda3 or an altis.. Kaya binile ko nun Yung mazda3

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Uso naman yan sa Tsikot - get a really high MID figure for a short distance, then claim it as "regular" FC for your vehicle.

Too bad maraming nauuto.
    No hype, just facts...

upload image online

To the TS, follow your heart, like I said I like the sylphy for its trim, not very for FC, I like the civic for its FC, I hate the plastic trim inside.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maki mi View Post
    No hype, just facts...

upload image online

To the TS, follow your heart, like I said I like the sylphy for its trim, not very for FC, I like the civic for its FC, I hate the plastic trim inside.
    So what's the manual computation of your FC? Km travelled divided liters consumed from one full tank to another.

12 km/L in 24 kph city driving is impressive, Mirage-levels even, but then again your distances are so short it's more like a snapshot than an actual cumulative reading over a long period of time. Which is why I'm doubtful of MID pictures, since full tank method computations are more definitive.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    The full tank method is 10% lower than the mid, so in this case, a 12 reading is actually 10.8. But the sylphy figures i assume were also taken from their computer read-outs thus i used the same for comparison.

For my personal record, I had a 5k+ km reading which yielded 13km/li before I needed to reset it, so that's 11.7kpl actual and this includes the hellish EDSA traffic last December. I don't use ECON mode.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The full tank method is 10% lower than the mid, so in this case, a 12 reading is actually 10.8. But the sylphy figures i assume were also taken from their computer read-outs thus i used the same for comparison.

For my personal record, I had a 5k+ km reading which yielded 13km/li before I needed to reset it, so that's 11.7kpl actual and this includes the hellish EDSA traffic last December. I don't use ECON mode.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Good job on keeping a light foot. Best 1.8 liter sedan to recommend??

I wouldn't go past 9 km/L with an FB Civic given how I drive, since I prefer fun over a few pesos worth of savings.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Good job on keeping a light foot. Best 1.8 liter sedan to recommend??

I wouldn't go past 9 km/L with an FB Civic given how I drive, since I prefer fun over a few pesos worth of savings.
    The same with me, a few bucks in exchange for a little driving fun is so worth it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345