New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hi guys, my company will provide me a company car with specs of 1.8 liter engine and Automatic tranny sedan make. What do you recommend is the best in terms of performance and looks? Budget is not issue.

So far these are the models that have 1.8 L engines here ib Phils.
    1) Honda Civic
    2) Hyundai Elantra
    3) Nissan Sylphy
    4) Chevy Cruze
    5) Ford Focus

If you know a model that is not on the list, would appreciate it if you can advise also.
    Thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If budget is not an issue, go for the Mazda 3 2.0. It's undoubtedly the best compact car in the market today.

If you have to stay within the 1800cc displacement, I'd recommend the Honda HR-V. Unlike all other 1.8 (or lower) cars, the HR-V is a crossover with more space and higher ground clearance.

If it has to be a sedan, the only 1.8 compacts available today are the Civic, Elantra, Cruze, and Sylphy. Among them, the Sylphy 1.8V is the best value - has class-leading space and features all for under 1M.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^i agree. Hrv or sylphy.

Di ba ang focus either 1.6 or 2.0 lang?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Aren't company cars based on budget and not engine displacement? First time I heard of an offering based on this. Anyway, cross out the Americans. Sylphy gets my vote.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    an Altis V?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Thanks for the feedback bros.
    Home based kc ang work ko, so the car will beeased cia Avis. Kaya budget is not an issue as long as pasok sa car specification for my job rank.

Ganun ba kaganda tlga ang Sylphy?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Sylphy gets my vote sir! Bang for the buck car. Best 1.8 liter sedan to recommend??

Try to read the sylphy forums here sir.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Focus comes only in 1.6L and 2.0L engines, like the Corolla Altis. The TOTL Sylphy 1.8L offers the best value among the compacts at less than 1M, much like the Altis 1.6V but with a bit bigger engine and rear passenger aircon vents. The Civic 1.8S is the lightest among the compacts (1200kg) and with the most powerful engine (1.8L SOHC VTEC rated at 141hp) thus offering decent power-to-weight ratio but its interior is lagging behind the Altis or Sylphy or Mazda3 for cars priced below 1M. The Civic 1.8E version has more gizmos but is already priced at 1.1M. The HRV is already past 1.2M and a crossover already. For its price, the Subaru XV might be another option for around the same price. As jut703 stated, the Mazda3 2.0 is the best compact in the market and it's a good buy for its price of 1.2M.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Budget is not issue.
    Get a 318d.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    o nga naman. Kung budget is not an issue edi itodo mo na. 318d or other premium brand na gusto mo

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast