New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ As what Jut said, a CUV would be the best choice for a roadtrip vehicle. You get comfortable space as a compact (or even better) plus you have lots of space to carry a whole bunch of stuff. I think you can get the gas model Tucson and Sportage for just over 1.2M.

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    This! 👍🏼 Ayan.. Ang bilis na lang siguro ng choice ngayon. Either a sedan or if you need more space then get a crossover. I agree! 😊
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I've been to the northernmost and southernmost tips of Luzon with both a sedan and pickup. The sedan is a better choice if you ask me, for the following reasons:

1. Trunk - you have 4-5 people on board, where do you put the luggage? In my pickup before, we had to wrap our luggage with a waterproof tarp and tie it securely in the flatbed to protect it from theft and the weather. So much more hassle vs just stowing everything in the trunk.

2. Comfort - for well-paved roads, a sedan trumps a pickup by a huge margin. 99% of all trips I've been on had well-paved roads. From Pagudpud to Sagada to Baler to Batangas to Sorsogon.

I would say that a crossover is the best road trip vehicle because it has lots of luggage space, passenger space, and a comfortable ride. But definitely not a pickup. A sub-compact crossover is also a mixed bag because it doesn't really have more passenger space than a compact sedan, and ride quality is not as good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ok lang what they call you, as long as you are happy with your ride.

don't mind them. they're not the ones paying for your car.
    Agree. And for me, buying a car on a loan is a bad idea most of the time.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmetal View Post
    in the olden days, buying a car or an appliance on installment, is akin to "making a pact with the devil".
    bahay at tirahan lang daw ang puedeng on installment.

i was too young to understand these things, then.
    by the time i got older, they had died.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 18th, 2018 at 12:54 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    in the olden days, buying a car or an appliance on installment, is akin to "making a pact with the devil".
    tirahan lang daw ang puedeng on installment.
    This is my Dad's belief and we follow it up until now.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    tirahan lang daw ang puedeng on installment.
    I still follow it and I'm teaching it to my kids. The only time you buy a vehicle on installment if it's gonna be used to make money.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmetal View Post
    I wouldn't say it is a bad idea most of the time, it's only when you don't know how to manage it.

In my case, I would have been able to pay for in cash the now two cars that I have, but I chose to finance them both (acquired in different years) because the car loan interest I would incur is much less than the income with the investment opportunity I instead availed of with the money that I had.

Also, one can try to earn and save up in cash the car's selling price but for how long? If it takes someone three to five years to earn one million petot, the car's price would have also increased in that time span, making the difference in total cost between financing the car at year 0 to 3 (with interest) negligible to paying for it one time at, say, year 3. That was particularly true this year that the government implemented the TRAIN law.

Also, some companies provide employees of car plan benefits which are mostly through loan.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well, there's always the used car market.

i'd do it all the time, if i could read minds.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Below 1.2? The new 1.9mux! “A man can wish”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    I still follow it and I'm teaching it to my kids. The only time you buy a vehicle on installment if it's gonna be used to make money.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
    +2 on this. We're a Chinoy family, and it has always been hardwired into us by the old folks that we are not to agree to installment unless we actually have the entire amount on hand and are doing it only to avoid scrutiny from the BIR, or its an absolute 0% interest deal with no difference or minimal addition to the original price. Bottomline, always live within your means. Below Php 1.2M budget

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Below Php 1.2M budget