New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Had a friend whose dad is a Toyota loyalist. Dad got mad at his son when he bought a Civic with his own money.Below Php 1.2M budget

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
    friend ko, ganyan din.
    kapag ma-flat kotse niya, automatic na kasalanan ng friend ko.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    friend ko, ganyan din.
    kapag ma-flat kotse niya, automatic na kasalanan ng friend ko.
    Marami rami rin pala sila.Below Php 1.2M budget

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's possible the father had really bad experiences with other brands ... maybe he swore at one point no one ever ever ever from his family will buy that brand ... lo and behold the son buys one ...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Get the Navara. Mas matibay without sacrificing comfort (has no leaf springs in the rear). Its also better than the Civic and Corolla if you are bringing it out of town.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Better in what sense? ... out of town roads are good nowadays ...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Better in what sense? ... out of town roads are good nowadays ...
    Kung dadalhin mo sa mga bulubundukin na lugar na either maputik or mabato yung daan. Kung Pampanga or Tarlac or Baguio lang puntahan mo na out of town, you are better off with a Civic than a pickup unless you need that flatbed to carry big stuff.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Vote for the Civic base on your preference.

Other suggestion would be Nissan Juke

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sa ground clearance at fuel efficiency lang lamang ang pickup. Looks is subjective naman. Otherwise, get the sedan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Suzuki vitara... sedan like pero sakto din ang ground clearance....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by claytonyu View Post
    Get the Navara. Mas matibay without sacrificing comfort (has no leaf springs in the rear). Its also better than the Civic and Corolla if you are bringing it out of town.
    I've been to the northernmost and southernmost tips of Luzon with both a sedan and pickup. The sedan is a better choice if you ask me, for the following reasons:

1. Trunk - you have 4-5 people on board, where do you put the luggage? In my pickup before, we had to wrap our luggage with a waterproof tarp and tie it securely in the flatbed to protect it from theft and the weather. So much more hassle vs just stowing everything in the trunk.

2. Comfort - for well-paved roads, a sedan trumps a pickup by a huge margin. 99% of all trips I've been on had well-paved roads. From Pagudpud to Sagada to Baler to Batangas to Sorsogon.

I would say that a crossover is the best road trip vehicle because it has lots of luggage space, passenger space, and a comfortable ride. But definitely not a pickup. A sub-compact crossover is also a mixed bag because it doesn't really have more passenger space than a compact sedan, and ride quality is not as good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Below Php 1.2M budget