New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    Haha!
    Oo nga naman.

I have a friend who's a toyota loyalist... and he generalizes all Honda owners/drivers as such... parang lahat na lang ng may Honda ay pakboys!
    Di ko alam sa ibang tao bakit kelangan maging brand loyalist tapos i-ba-bash yung owners ng other brands.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Haha!
    Oo nga naman.

I have a friend who's a toyota loyalist... and he generalizes all Honda owners/drivers as such... parang lahat na lang ng may Honda ay pakboys!
    Lol akala ko ako lang nakakapansin nito dito eh, hehehe...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Di ko alam sa ibang tao bakit kelangan maging brand loyalist tapos i-ba-bash yung owners ng other brands.
    Some form of insecurity probably. To me the worst is if you are liberal in dishing it out but can't take it.

Kanya kanyang topak I guess. Nasabihan pa nga ako dito ng "in your dreams" after a calm discussion on maintenance.

People have to realize that without discussion/criticism you cannot grow and there are an infinite number of ways to get a point across without offending someone.

Feeling ko kasi yung iba pag nakakainsulto dito parang ang pakiramdam nila gumagandang lalaki sila.

Of course iba naman yung pag roast sa mga kakilala. If you can give and take deprecating humor it shows that you are close enough to each other to know that it means absolutely no harm, but rather a celebration of that person.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Tas pag sa school nakakapagdala ka, sasabihin na anak mayaman ka lol!
    "Anak-Mayaman" is relative.

Kung sa PUP ka nagaaral tapos may kotse ka, lamang ka na kagad sa majority, so hindi unusual na tawagin kang mayaman.

Kung sa Ateneo ka nagaaral tapos may kotse ka, you're just part of the 80% who bring cars to school, so normal lang. Kaming mga nagcocommute yung minority before. Below Php 1.2M budget

Dami kong kilala who don't regard themselves as rich kasi same lang naman sila sa mga kaibigan nila, or baka mas mayaman pa ibang friends nila. But in the grand scheme of things, they're part of the 1%.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    Planning to buy a new car around May or June this year. Max budget is 1.1xx million.

Original plan was to get a City/Jazz VX, but the parentals decided to raise the budget a bit higher to get a bigger car.

Considerations:

1. To be primarily used by me (early 20s), and to be occasionally borrowed by my brother in college. Been borrowing family cars lang so this is going to be my first legit car.
    2. City driving only (to and from work, weekend pasyal with barkada), with some out of town trips here and there.
    3. Priorities are, in order: comfort, pogi points (oops, sorry can't help it), driving dynamics, fuel efficiency, ease and affordability of maintenance.
    3. Should be something that will make me happy driving it every day.

The options are:

1. Nissan Navara 4x2 EL Calibre AT: 1.113M
    - 2018 model has been updated with 18 in wheels, around view monitor, roof rails -- basically looks like the TOTL VL model now
    - price slash makes the most affordable truck in the market even more affordable
    - ultra pogi exterior, so-so interior
    - most comfortable pick up
    - diesel engine
    - base platform of the MB pick up, which is indicative of how good it is
    - biggest among the options -- pros: less prone to being bullied on the road, more commanding view, ultra macho looks; cons: least exciting to drive, might be difficult to park esp. in very tight parking spaces, long bed will be a useless and unnecessary bulk because because the car won't be used for hauling anyway
    - still feels kinda bare with no bedliner (could be haggled to be included in the freebies though), no bluetooth connection, no steering wheel controls, manual AC
    - read in the NP300 thread that it has steering column issues, not sure if this has been resolved already
    - parents' first choice for me because they really prefer bigger cars

2. Honda Civic 1.8 E: 1.138M
    - the RS in rallye red has been my ultimate crush since its release, but its prohibitive pricing pushes it out of consideration
    - great exterior, amazing interior
    - beautiful startup graphics of instrument cluster leaves me in awe and excited to drive every time
    - best driving dynamics among the choices
    - sentimental because I learned to drive in a Civic FD
    - only color I like (white pearl) is an additional 20k Below Php 1.2M budget

3. Toyota Altis 1.6 G/V: 1.033M/1.105M
    - safest option because it's a Toyota, and all our Toyotas never gave us headaches
    - basically a mini Camry
    - cheapest among the options
    - not very exciting to drive
    - replacement might be due soon
    - again, white pearl has a 15k premium

Not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but these models are what we like most AND, more importantly, these fit the budget. Honestly a toss up between Civic and Navara though. Hoping you guys could help.
    +1 recommendation on VW's Jetta. Diesel engine is strong but thrifty. Matipid talaga. So much so we have 2 VW diesels na. At 1.1 and 1.2m the Jetta and GTS (at 1.34m) are very good value. Bonus nalang they can keep pace with the much more expensive Civic 1.6 turbo.

Dieselgate should not concern PH buyers, since if you read the details of the US settlement, VW cannot sell units in or out of the US that are not fixed. In any case, even with Dieselgate, these VWs maybe are one of the cleanest diesels in PH roads.

Maintenance-wise, I think it should be at par with the more mainstream brands eventually. Remember VW parang Toyota ng Europe yan, so hindi yan luxury car. Plus, VW is handled by Ayala, so mahaba pisi ng principal dealer, unlike the previous distributor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    pano naman bro pag starboi?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    pano naman bro pag starboi?
    starex fan?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Some form of insecurity probably. To me the worst is if you are liberal in dishing it out but can't take it.

Kanya kanyang topak I guess. Nasabihan pa nga ako dito ng "in your dreams" after a calm discussion on maintenance.

People have to realize that without discussion/criticism you cannot grow and there are an infinite number of ways to get a point across without offending someone.

Feeling ko kasi yung iba pag nakakainsulto dito parang ang pakiramdam nila gumagandang lalaki sila.

Of course iba naman yung pag roast sa mga kakilala. If you can give and take deprecating humor it shows that you are close enough to each other to know that it means absolutely no harm, but rather a celebration of that person.
    if you can't call the car bad names, give the owner a bad name.
    heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Haha!
    Oo nga naman. I have a friend who's a toyota loyalist... and he generalizes all Honda owners/drivers as such... parang lahat na lang ng may Honda ay pakboys!
    So kahit babae driver pakboy pa rin. . Makabili na nga ng Honda ng maging official pakboy na rin ako.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Below Php 1.2M budget