New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 122 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan Sibuyas View Post
    Sorry if newbie question pero how do you drive an automatic?

Our family recently acquired an A/T vehicle kasi. Although, I know some basic stuff about automatic transmission vehicles like nakapag drive na ako before (via test drives sa mga auto show/events). I'm used in driving a M/T transmission na vehicle and yes, medyo naninibago ako with the A/T one. Anyways, na drive ko naman yung car from the casa to our house safely. I know lang naman na you just put it in "D" then magdrive ka na. But let's say if i'm going to climb hills or something steep, sapat na ba na nasa "D" lang? or let's say susulong ako sa baha, "D" lang din ba dapat? There's an "S" option and it's for me to control the gear changes pero I'm quite afraid to use it haha. Nasanay lang kasi ako M/T na I have control over the gears and I really don't think I have to go to driving school again (I learned kasi how to drive using a M/T transmission).

And last thing, may alam ba kayo na magandang article about this? haha I'm really sorry if parang ang basic or parang "huh??" ng question ko
    Its really easy to drive an AT car. Remember to always shift to N when stopped in traffic to prevent premature brake wear and lessen chances of accidents. When parking on an incline, always remember to engage the handbrake before shifting to P to prevent transmission damage. Most AT's require a fluid change every 40tkms.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    A/T for city driving. M/T for highways, expressways. The comfort of having an AT in metro manila probably over weighs the expenses or sporty feel of a MT.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MatchuPichu0324 View Post
    A/T for city driving. M/T for highways, expressways. The comfort of having an AT in metro manila probably over weighs the expenses or sporty feel of a MT.

May mga AT naman na sporty, in fact sobrang sporty pa kaysa usual MT. Depende sa sasakyan na lang yan.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    turn off the engine on traffic? diba mas malakas sa gas yun pag ni start mo ulit..
    an engine turned off does not consume fuel. but upon starting, some engines settle immediately to its usual idling rpm of 700-900, while other engines, like mine, first go to a higher rpm, then go down slowly to the usual idling rpm.
    what i did, was to observe how high my starting rpm would go, and how fast it would settle to the usual idling rpm of 700-900 per minute.
    with those in mind, i figured, rightly or wrongly, that my break-even stoplight time, was 30 seconds.
    if the stoplight lasts more than 30 seconds and i turn off my engine, "i am ahead".
    if the stoptime is less than 30 seconds and i still turn off the engine, "i use up more fuel" when i start the engine than if i just kept it running.

it keeps me entertained.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    May mga AT naman na sporty, in fact sobrang sporty pa kaysa usual MT. Depende sa sasakyan na lang yan.
    Sporty feel, yung kumakambyo ganun.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    an engine turned off does not consume fuel. but upon starting, some engines settle immediately to its usual idling rpm of 700-900, while other engines, like mine, first go to a higher rpm, then go down slowly to the usual idling rpm.
    what i did, was to observe how high my starting rpm would go, and how fast it would settle to the usual idling rpm of 700-900 per minute.
    with those in mind, i figured, rightly or wrongly, that my break-even stoplight time, was 30 seconds.
    if the stoplight lasts more than 30 seconds and i turn off my engine, "i am ahead".
    if the stoptime is less than 30 seconds and i still turn off the engine, "i use up more fuel" when i start the engine than if i just kept it running.

it keeps me entertained.
    Di ba mainit kapag ginawa mo yan doc? Summer na summer pa naman ngayon. 😆

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Di ba mainit kapag ginawa mo yan doc? Summer na summer pa naman ngayon. ��

ok lang sakin.
    kuripot trumps everything else!

but one has to be sure, he has a good battery! isang beses, hindi ko na ma-restart! buti na lang, may dalawang pusher na dumaan, at yung MT ang dala ko... heh heh.
    tuloy-tuloy ako sa battery store.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hirap ako makipag gitgitan using an AT. Probably psychological. I still prefer driving a manual.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MatchuPichu0324 View Post
    Sporty feel, yung kumakambyo ganun.

Puwede naman paddle shifter. For me, sporty means quick steering, ample grip, firm suspension, very good throttle response, and decent power-to-weight ratio.

Sorry but kung mabagal at unresponsive yung kinakambyo mo, di sporty yun.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Hirap ako makipag gitgitan using an AT. Probably psychological. I still prefer driving a manual.
    i agree with you. and i do not think it is psychological.
    those who are so very used to MT, will find the AT, a little wanting. "no fingertip control".

i used to gitgit a lot, back when i was driving a korean... a kia besta.
    "sige! gusto mong makipag-bangga-an sa besta ko! lancer kah..! mura lang pa-gawa nitoh!"

heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 4th, 2017 at 11:25 PM.