New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 115 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Considering the Tribute's weight penalty and slightly larger engine displacement, I suppose the FC is just about right. I shudder to think how much more the V6 variant consumes... It is usually driven for short distances only (3-6kms one way). I wonder how it would do in the highway. I've never tried it before. The diesels always get to run the long distance trips.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Hi po mga sir.. im planning to buy A/T cvt car. 7 speed daw po.. nagresearch po ako about CVT wala naman gears. Pano po nagkaroon ng 7 or 8th speed? Manual transmission po current vehicle gamit ko..

Sent from my ZTE B2015 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz52 View Post
    Hi po mga sir.. im planning to buy A/T cvt car. 7 speed daw po.. nagresearch po ako about CVT wala naman gears. Pano po nagkaroon ng 7 or 8th speed? Manual transmission po current vehicle gamit ko..

the AT is programmed to set in at pre-programmed positions along the spindle, po. just to give the consumer a semblance of "speed".
    but you are correct. CVT is a practically stepless transmission.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the AT is programmed to set in at pre-programmed positions along the spindle, po. just to give the consumer a semblance of "speed".
    but you are correct. CVT is a practically stepless transmission.
    Ano po nangyayari sir sa cvt kung isshift up ko paddle shifter? Or taas lang po rev ng engine? Okay naman po ba cvt? Minsan po mahilig ako magover take.^^

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ We have traditional ATs, dual-clutch (DCT), and CVT cars at home. Wala naman ako problem sa overtaking. Yung Jazz 1.3L 5AT nga lang makupad so medyo kelangan timplado sa overtaking.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz52 View Post
    Ano po nangyayari sir sa cvt kung isshift up ko paddle shifter? Or taas lang po rev ng engine? Okay naman po ba cvt? Minsan po mahilig ako magover take.^^

We have ASX 2.0 CVT. No problem on overtaking. Very responsive. Harurot agad.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What I noticed on CVT is that there is no sensation of gears shifting up and down. With my Forester, when I put the pedal down, the CUV shoots above triple digits and I notice that the dashboard displays that I am in 7th or 8th gear already (with no paddle shifting).

Unlike with DCT, I can feel the gears shifting up from the low gears to the high gears. The 1st to 3rd is quite noticeable but the 4th to 6th gears is smooth and very quick.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Natuto ako sa manual mag drive pero stop na ako dring ng 3 years. Kung bibili ba ako automatic na car ay hindi ba ako mahihirapan mag drive or dapat manual bilhin ko?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    how's the long-term durability of current-generation CVT's?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayu View Post
    Natuto ako sa manual mag drive pero stop na ako dring ng 3 years. Kung bibili ba ako automatic na car ay hindi ba ako mahihirapan mag drive or dapat manual bilhin ko?
    Since marunong ka magdrive ng manual, mas madali lalo ang automatic. Wala pa ko nadinig na nahirapan sa automatic na galing sa manual.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk