New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 153 of 158 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    About transmission maintenance Ito yung kinaiinisan ko sa mga casa ng pinas and even talyer na gigil na gigil kumita eh.

Tingnan nyo pag nagsearch ako ang tatagal palitan hindi dapat agad-agad. Sa manual trans nga kung hinid pa nagleak gear oil ko eh hinid pa ako magpapalit so after 15years!!! . Kaya nga tinawag na "Lifetime oil"
    "lifetime."
    whose lifetime?

"when the transmission malfunctions, its lifetime is over. and so are any real or assumed warranties."

so what are my warranties?
    "when it breaks in two, you own both parts."
    - from a decades-old auto joke.
    heh heh.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post

Me and my friends ieeducate ko mga nasa facebook group kasi hindi nila naabutan tsikot forum sa proper maintenance. Ang dami mapagsamantalang scammer sa facebook so gigil sa kwarta.
    so how successful have you and your friends been, in informing them that there is a tsikot.com?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^
    Direcho advise na agad what to do and what not to avail. And we are telling them dont be afraid pag sinabihan hindi mawawarranty. Nung may recall sa honda airbags eh hindi naman ako regular magpms sa casa eh bakit kasama pa din ako na inayos airbag?

my friend kasi doc eh old school car guy na panahon pa wala pa tsikot forum panahon nila niky at ghosthunter and i forgot meron pa isa.

- - - --

Walandyo buhay tio meron pala transmission filter ang civic fd ko. Sa next atf change papailtan ko na.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am curious.
    in our local setting,
    does the CVT offer real, experiential fuel-saving advantages over the traditional AT?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am curious.
    in our local setting,
    does the CVT offer real, experiential fuel-saving advantages over the traditional AT?
    My old Accord had an AT and it had a 2.3L NA engine. My FXT has a 2.0L turbo engine paired with a CVT on an AWD platform, it is more powerful and heavier than my old Accord. However, their fuel consumption is around the same.

Thus, the FXT prove to be more fuel efficient than my old Accord. The ASX (2.0L NA) with its CVT on a FWD platform is even more fuel efficient.

The new SkyActiv Mazda’s prove to be very fuel efficient without the use of a CVT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am curious.
    in our local setting,
    As long as you don't floor it while it is doing its thing during the "Rubber banding" phase to try to accelerate you, there should be benefits there.

I personally am okay with CVTs, but only for city driving. But, my case is also different than the regular joe as I don't need to go out for a 9 to 5 job. So I'm only leaving home office for meetings and they don't usually coincide with the regular rush hour trip down to the offices, or I'm going in the opposite direction.

For flat highways, and coasting, it should be fine, especially with our speed limits in place. But if you are going to do climb, I prefer regular AT or MT. =)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    As long as you don't floor it while it is doing its thing during the "Rubber banding" phase to try to accelerate you, there should be benefits there.

I personally am okay with CVTs, but only for city driving. But, my case is also different than the regular joe as I don't need to go out for a 9 to 5 job. So I'm only leaving home office for meetings and they don't usually coincide with the regular rush hour trip down to the offices, or I'm going in the opposite direction.

For flat highways, and coasting, it should be fine, especially with our speed limits in place. But if you are going to do climb, I prefer regular AT or MT. =)
    You should see me drive a CVT vehicle on the highway or on the twisty roads.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    You should see me drive a CVT vehicle on the highway or on the twisty roads.

Haha! Family doesn't own any CVT car with a turbo or power output above 150hp. But yeah, Subaru has the better CVT compared to what we have. The first gen Honda CVT in the City, and the dreaded Jatco CVT (it is 2nd gen at least I recall and not a first gen)

For twisty road going up/down mountains/hills, I personally prefer manual override AT on a Diesel with my limited experience. Montero over the Fortuner. Carens over the Montero. Haha! I don't have other SUV/AUV/VAN experience with a modern Turbo diesel engine.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Haha! Family doesn't own any CVT car with a turbo or power output above 150hp. But yeah, Subaru has the better CVT compared to what we have. The first gen Honda CVT in the City, and the dreaded Jatco CVT (it is 2nd gen at least I recall and not a first gen)

For twisty road going up/down mountains/hills, I personally prefer manual override AT on a Diesel with my limited experience. Montero over the Fortuner. Carens over the Montero. Haha! I don't have other SUV/AUV/VAN experience with a modern Turbo diesel engine.
    You don't need more than 150 hp to enjoy a CVT on mountain roads. Fast car slow driver will always get beaten by slow car fast driver. Battle of the Transmissions: M/T vs. A/T

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    You don't need more than 150 hp to enjoy a CVT on mountain roads. Fast car slow driver will always get beaten by slow car fast driver. Battle of the Transmissions: M/T vs. A/T

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    They should see you drive that Civic and CRV. Both CVT and just within 150hp. Hahahaha