New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 152 of 158 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    ano kaya new technology dito? i know sa mga buses decades old na meron silang electronic clutch and shifter in use.
    Wala nang cable or hydraulic link the to the clutch. The clutch pedal sends a signal to the ECU which forwards the signal to the clutch. Similar technology to throttle-by-wire na matagal nang ginagamit even on econocars like the Vios.

Ang iniisip ko lang is kung may similar feel din ba to sa bite point. Kahit hydraulic kasi ramdam mo ang range where the clutch starts biting which aids in timpla.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    yeah seen that. may orange, may white also m2 competition pack. I was wondering they are supposed to be keepers appreciating somewhat.
    They really are keepers for M enthusiasts, collectors.
    But this character reviewing an M2 might be an Mpostor.Battle of the Transmissions: M/T vs. A/T
    YouTube

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Gusto ko rin weekend MT car - preferably WRX or Evo. Unless ibenta na ng neighbor ko yung stock Civic SiR nya sa akin.
    Hard sell ang MT sa amin since my wife doesn't know how to drive MT. Turuan ko rin eventually. At least she already knows how to drive. Onting practice na lang to get used to the extra pedal.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ano kaya new technology dito? i know sa mga buses decades old na meron silang electronic clutch and shifter in use.
    it 's probably not new technology at all,
    but unless it is a literal clone,
    even changing the size can be a major engineering feat...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I'm just thankful that I belong to a generation that learned to drive a car with a stick... along with having to use the palm of my hand as a carburetor choke to help my dad start the 12R engine in our owner-type jeep every morning.

Fond memories... which I'd rather they stay that way.
    uy 12r! yan yun pinalit ng tiyuhin kong namayapa sa corona macho nila nun mag sharon cuneta na yung stock na 2tg. hehe

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    They really are keepers for M enthusiasts, collectors.
    But this character reviewing an M2 might be an Mpostor.Battle of the Transmissions: M/T vs. A/T
    YouTube

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    hehe natawa ako sa "impostor"flag ng germany daw yun logo ng red blue at light blue hehe

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    About transmission maintenance Ito yung kinaiinisan ko sa mga casa ng pinas and even talyer na gigil na gigil kumita eh.

Tingnan nyo pag nagsearch ako ang tatagal palitan hindi dapat agad-agad. Sa manual trans nga kung hinid pa nagleak gear oil ko eh hinid pa ako magpapalit so after 15years!!! . Kaya nga tinawag na "Lifetime oil"

Gaya nga ng sabi dito sa nabasa ko.

Keep in mind that most modern manual transmissions have gear oil service intervals well north of 50,000 miles, with many being “lifetime” oils. Driving enthusiasts, however, change gear oil to deliver improved transmission performance—like smoother shifting or added durability in extreme conditions.

- --

Sa automatic naman dito sa pinas kagaguhan yung evey 2 years kahit wala pa 40,000kms. If taxi ka or delivery apps sureball within 2years palit ka talaga pero if not eh waste of resources.

The manufacturer’s maintenance schedule for many automatic transmissions doesn’t call for fresh fluid until 100,000 miles or, with some Ford transmissions, even 150,000 miles. A lot of mechanics say that is too long and that it should be done at least every 50,000 miles. Manual transmissions require more conventional gear oil rather than automatic transmission fluid and tend to be on a different maintenance schedule, so it’s best to consult the service intervals in the owner’s manual.

Kita nyo tibay ng ford 150,000miles!!!! hahahahah

Me and my friends ieeducate ko mga nasa facebook group kasi hindi nila naabutan tsikot forum sa proper maintenance. Ang dami mapagsamantalang scammer sa facebook so gigil sa kwarta.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    A ford mechanic mentioned not to follow the interval in the manual. Also...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^
    ito mga gusto ko nagpost sa comments.

Dragan Crnogorac
    2 days ago
    Here in Europe we drive manual transmission. That was true like 10 years ago. Now we want automatic. And there is a problem. Manual transmission failure rate statistically is never. Clutch goes bad at 200 000 km and that's it. There is recommended change transmission fluid every 80 000 km but even if you don't do that it's gonna be fine for 300 000 km. It just has to have those 2 liters of oil in it.
    Now we have experienced; WV dual clutch, Ford dual clutch, Nissan CVT, Honda automatic, Mercedes (king of expensiveness and shitness)... And holly **** those things are bad.
    Some of them are intentionally designed to **** you like honda automatic. They have oil filter inside. You have to remove transmission to change oil filter. Labor costs arm and filter costs leg. If you change oil and filter transmission lasts 250 000 - 300 000 km if you don't then it 180 000 - 250 000 km. Just pure **** you design

Sasha the Slasher
    1 day ago
    Hahaha...."Mercedes (king of expensiveness and shitness)"...yes it is indeed.

stanger53
    2 days ago
    The average driver does not appreciate the marvel that is automatic transmission fluid.
    It is a lubricant AND a coolant AND a hydraulic fluid. That is asking quite a bit for a single fluid, but a proper fluid can easily handle all these jobs.
    Sure, different transmissions over the years require different types of transmission fluid, but the difference is usually due to different requirements for the friction materials required by the clutch discs and bands, but they all service the same demands.
    Auto trans are often over-built and can handily manage all but extreme use and abuse, but heat will shorten the life or kill a transmissions life expectancy.
    I think I can easily assume that the thought and engineering that goes into the formulation of specific auto transmission fluids is a bit of an engineering marvel in and of itself.

And lalo na ito my favorite
    R J
    2 days ago
    Absolutely correct, if the transmission and the car it's in is correctly designed and the engine never overheats transmission fluid can last nearly forever in as much as there's no combustion waste to contaminate it. I've personally driven cars to over 200,000 miles without ever changing the fluid and they never missed a shift.

On other cars where the car and the transmissions were designed less well I've seen the fluid turn dark and smell burnt at relatively low miles.

Pro Tip: If your car has a dip stick, just check the fluid by seeing if it's still cherry red and smell it. If it is darker or it smells burnt change the fluid ASAP! Also, if your engine overheats, change the transmission fluid immediately. Once the fluid gets roasted, it's no good anymore and this can happen very quickly when the engine overheats.

As to not changing the transmission fluid on cars with high miles for the first time. There is a myth that changing the fluid in cars that haven't had a fluid change before can actually kill the transmission. And there's a basis in truth as I have seen some high mileage automatic transmissions crap out right after a fluid change. But people don't tend to tell you why they were changing the fluid in the first place. In each case where transmissions failed right after a fluid change, the transmissions weren't shifting properly or more often, already slipping before the fluid change. So to be clear, the transmission was already failing and the fluid change didn't fix it. It's not that the new fluid killed the transmission. I've changed the fluid in older transmissions that were shifting sluggishly, where the fluid wasn't toasty and it has helped to improve shifting by cleaning the varnish out of the throttle body. The transmission will tend to improve over a few thousand miles. It's not an instant fix. Fluid changes usually do more good than bad and can sometimes help some high mileage transmissions. If your transmission fluid change kills your transmission, it was likely amongst the walking dead already.

Next... Some shops here in the US offer "transmission flush" services. For the most part when you change your fluid, you only change about half of the fluid in your transmission. The rest pretty much stays in your torque converter unless it has a drain plug. This is still pretty much OK. If the fluid in your trans isn't toasted the new fluid adds detergents and improves the lubrication properties of the fluid overall. So why isn't a flush better? Because many shops just do it badly. They use dirty equipment, that often may contain some fluid left over from a different vehicle, or they might use a chemical flush that can damage the delicate components of your particular transmission. Done correctly a 100% fluid change is a good thing and if done by an expert a flush might help if sludge and varnish are your problem, but for the most part, when offered by a discount oil change place the risks outweigh the benefits. Of course, again one of the big reasons why flushes and changes fail is because the people buying the service are bringing in transmissions that are already trashed. If you hear some old timer, like me, tell you that changing the fluid will wash out the grit that's making your clutches work... you're missing the point. If your clutches need grit in the fluid to work, your transmission is already shot.

Lastly... Always change your dang transmission filter when you change your fluid! In my experience the old filter can weigh a whole lot more than your new one. It's full of clutch material and other contaminants that have worn off your clutches over time. This wear is normal and new clutches come with more material than they actually need to work. The clogged filter will decrease oil flow in your transmission that will increase heat and reduce lubrication. Replacing a clogged filter will often improve your transmission's performance immediately.

Bonus points: Many transmissions have a magnet inside to catch fine metal debris. Don't forget to clean the magnet. The more debris on the magnet the weaker the magnetic field at the fluid interfacing surfaces and the less well it's working... so always clean and replace the magnet, regardless of what the owner's manual tells you to do. (Some car manuals claim the magnet is only there to remove metal from the manufacturing process. Even if this is true, replacing the magnet will never do any harm.) And I'm sure it goes without saying use only the correct transmission fluid for your car.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    My automatic transmission is over 433,000km old.

4L for drain and fill. It only costs 1500 pesos including the sevice charge.

Dexron6 mercon-lv toyota-ws and hyundai-sp4 are pretty much all the same. Hence we have these multi-atf fluids. Dcts and cvts are different.

Do not fear atf changes. Study which fluid and volume and how to access the inlet. The draining is the easy part.