New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 139 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    What is important is to remember that -

D is for Day mode
    N is for Night mode and
    R is for Race mode

BMW Prank Automatic Gearbox Problems - YouTube

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    This is when I really appreciate the brake hold function in the CR-V. During long stops I can rest my legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
    Got it. Thanks.Battle of the Transmissions: M/T vs. A/T

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    base s experience ko n nabitawan ko ung brake at nka D ako ayun nabangga ko ung tricycle s harap ko. buti at plaka ko lng ang nagasgasan.. lesson learned nrin pg trapik, mag shift s N at mg handbrake pra mrelax dn mga binti..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmunitzky View Post
    base s experience ko n nabitawan ko ung brake at nka D ako ayun nabangga ko ung tricycle s harap ko. buti at plaka ko lng ang nagasgasan.. lesson learned nrin pg trapik, mag shift s N at mg handbrake pra mrelax dn mga binti..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i believe many motoring journalists will agree with you. putting it on N during longer waits, is the more logical thing to do.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i believe many motoring journalists will agree with you. putting it on N during longer waits, is the more logical thing to do.
    Agree and you save the the automatic tranny from heating up.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by emarqz View Post
    Hi guys! me and my friend was on a passionate debate on what's the better type of transmission. He plans to buy a new car one in place of his old A/T car. Personally, having driven a car M/T for 5 yrs now, i encouraged him to get a M/T instead of his usual A/T. I haven't driven A/T cars that much, so i really really can't tell the better one objectively. Based on car racing games naman... manual trannys get the better edge, d ba? and i prefer it too. Pros and Cons..., maintenance cost, acceleration.. etc. Love to hear your insights mga pare. I appreciate it!
    for me AT is better in city driving while MT is better for highway driving

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Why bother with N? I just put my AT cars in Park if I'm waiting a long time. It's especially true with our CVT-equipped 2013 Nissan Rogue.

When I mean a long time, I mean a waiting time of say at least 1.5 minutes.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 17th, 2019 at 12:04 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Why bother with N? I just put my AT cars in Park if I'm waiting a long time. It's especially true with our CVT-equipped 2013 Nissan Rogue.

i don't know about the new P, but in my old P,
    at P, and i get bumped from behind, the P brake might break.
    so i put it in N, then put on my handbrake.

i use P when there's little danger of getting bumped from behind, e.g., garahe.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i don't know about the new P, but in my old P,
    at P, and i get bumped from behind, the P brake might break.
    so i put it in N, then put on my handbrake.

i use P when there's little danger of getting bumped from behind, e.g., garahe.
    Correct.. P means Park.. so you put it on P when your car ia already parked.. also putting it in P is makes you prone to mistakenly put the car in Reverse accidentally.. thinking you shifted on D.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Correct.. P means Park.. so you put it on P when your car ia already parked.. also putting it in P is makes you prone to mistakenly put the car in Reverse accidentally.. thinking you shifted on D.
    but i can imagine jun's "waiting scenario".
    he's probably the only car on the wide-streeted block.
    little danger of getting bumped.
    and if he does get bumped, "that parking pawl will probably be the least of his worries".

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post

I guess you have your reasons. But these are my reasons why I shift to N instead of P under similar circumstances:

1. N is just a notch from D. P is 3 notches away.
    2. You will pass through R when shifting from D to P and back, which makes the transmission momentarily engage the R clutches twice. I perceive this as unnecessary wear
    3. Finally, and it has already been mentioned, you could accidentally end up in R when you meant to be in a ‘safe’ gear (P or N).