New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I suggest you learn to drive a M/T even if your are going to buy an A/T car.

Just in case you really really have to drive a M/T, you'll have no problem.

M/T to A/T is much much easier than A/T to M/T.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thanks po sa mga inputs niyo , I'll learn M/T but will get an A/T. I've been wanting to get a Lancer EX 2.0 GLS pero nung dumating yung Cruze 1.8 LS at nakita ko sa Trinoma at Gateway, medyo napapaisip ako.

Tingnan ko na lang yung yung ibang threads kung alin ang mas matipid sa gas. Thanks again and good day!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    m/t vs a/t?

my next sports car should be a/t, pagod na ako sa m/t

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    ako naman nag driving lesson using M/T pero A/T ang binili kong kotse ang hassle kasi pag m/t minamaneho bilis ko mangalay

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    A/T cars nowadays is really very convinient to use and with sportronic tranny you can do manual w/out clutch pedal to push

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    M/T parin for drifting.pero pag trabaho A/T lalo na sa pinas nakakapagod laging traffic

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    A/T na darating araw phase out na M/T syempre pa hi-tech n pa hi -tech mga cars parang cellphone may car nga na auto park na. Me my next cars will all be A/T

BTW yung friend ko nag start ng A/T then bumili car na M/T sandali lang nya napag aralan 1 day lang marunong na mag M/T. Ngayon A/T na uli sya

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tc327 View Post
    A/T cars nowadays is really very convinient to use and with sportronic tranny you can do manual w/out clutch pedal to push
    "Sportronic" trannies (dual clutch trannies not included) are just manually shifted A/Ts and still do not have the same performance of true M/Ts.

But as a compromise between A/T and M/T in a single car, it can be satisfactory (but not all the time).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    "Sportronic" trannies (dual clutch trannies not included) are just manually shifted A/Ts and still do not have the same performance of true M/Ts.

But as a compromise between A/T and M/T in a single car, it can be satisfactory (but not all the time).

true, i've driven a lot of modern sportronic trannies, evoX mr, gt-r and c63 amg are the closest to an actual m/t when it comes to shifting, almost no lag when you shift manually, but they're still not as good as an m/t tranny.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Manual will always be more pure for a sports car, but times sure are changing. With most of the high tech double-clutch technology in new sports cars from Merc, Beemer, Porsche, Ferrari, etc., the "automatic" trannys actually get faster acceleration/lap times than the respective manual transmission variants available. I put quotes on "automatic" because in the case of some like BMW's SMG and M DCT transmission it's not really considered an automatic per se (wiki it, I was confused too initially).