New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I dont know about you guys, but in my search for a micro car for daily drive, I ended up getting a Honda Brio 1.3 S A/T (649,000 - discounts)

Quoting the prices list on the previous posts:
    Mirage GLS 1.2G CVT - 673,000
    Mirage GLX 1.2G CVT - 573,000
    Chevy Spark 1.0 LS A/T - 598,000

Based on the above prices, I can say that the Brio S is even cheaper than the TOTL Mirage, no compromises on safety (has ABS, dual airbags), and has more power to boot (4 cyl, 1.3 engine on a 5-speed AT). AND SURPRISINGLY good fuel consumption (I register 20.8kpl on SLEX at 85kph, about 10-11kpl on city drives). You will have to get inside and see for yourself the "man maximum, machine minimum" matra that the brio was built upon. Even passenger legroom is adequate. The only gripe i have for my brio is the puny boot space. I can live without Mirage's bells and whistles (touch start, touchscreen HU, mags, foglights).

I think a lot of people prematurely judged brio as overpriced.

P.S. The TOTL Brio V though is indeed OVERPRICED as it is dangerously close to vios E

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I dont know about you guys, but in my search for a micro car for daily drive, I ended up getting a Honda Brio 1.3 S A/T (649,000 - discounts)

Based on the above prices, I can say that the Brio S is even cheaper than the TOTL Mirage, no compromises on safety (has ABS, dual airbags), and has more power to boot (4 cyl, 1.3 engine on a 5-speed AT). AND SURPRISINGLY good fuel consumption (I register 20.8kpl on SLEX at 85kph, about 10-11kpl on city drives). You will have to get inside and see for yourself the "man maximum, machine minimum" matra that the brio was built upon. Even passenger legroom is adequate. The only gripe i have for my brio is the puny boot space. I can live without Mirage's bells and whistles (touch start, touchscreen HU, mags, foglights).

P.S. The TOTL Brio V though is indeed OVERPRICED as it is dangerously close to vios E

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by b_9904 View Post
    Walang abs ang glx diba?
    Meron ng abs and ebd ang GLX mirage hatchback. 2015 upgraded model. 528k discounted price for CVT type.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gumblade84 View Post

I think we have to compare the BRIO TOTL vs the Mirage TOTL, to

saying that..its the Brio's TOTL pegged at 729k vs. the Mirage's 673k, thats about 60k right there, factor in the discounts, the most you'll get from Honda is about 15k and from Mitsubishi is about 55k ( the family just bought a strada and we managed to ask )... so the price difference gets wider.

The Brio's 1.3 engine really is a pocket rocket....and manages to return a decent FC.

People who buy these "micro" cars buy them to save money, money at the gas pumps and money in terms of purchase... most people at this price point tend to think at the bottom line when the purchase price has a difference of 20-30k, at 60k to 85k difference, thats a deal breaker for some... for a 5 year loan thats about 1,200-1,500 php a month, and for salaried family man, that's a lot. And to think the TOTL mirage has more bells and whistle's thats just more gravy. And to think that the warranty for the Mirage is 5 years, as long as most people are going to pay for it, well the gravy train just kept coming.

Dont get me wrong the BRIO is a good car, It's just that HONDA forgot that the target market was the less affluent crowd...

peace out bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by gumblade84 View Post

I think we have to compare the BRIO TOTL vs the Mirage TOTL, to

saying that..its the Brio's TOTL pegged at 729k vs. the Mirage's 673k, thats about 60k right there, factor in the discounts, the most you'll get from Honda is about 15k and from Mitsubishi is about 55k ( the family just bought a strada and we managed to ask )... so the price difference gets wider.

The Brio's 1.3 engine really is a pocket rocket....and manages to return a decent FC.

People who buy these "micro" cars buy them to save money, money at the gas pumps and money in terms of purchase... most people at this price point tend to think at the bottom line when the purchase price has a difference of 20-30k, at 60k to 85k difference, thats a deal breaker for some... for a 5 year loan thats about 1,200-1,500 php a month, and for salaried family man, that's a lot. And to think the TOTL mirage has more bells and whistle's thats just more gravy. And to think that the warranty for the Mirage is 5 years, as long as most people are going to pay for it, well the gravy train just kept coming.

Dont get me wrong the BRIO is a good car, It's just that HONDA forgot that the target market was the less affluent crowd...

peace out bruh.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by pastebooko View Post
    Meron ng abs and ebd ang GLX mirage hatchback. 2015 upgraded model. 528k discounted price for CVT type.
    Cool. Upgrade na Mitsu ng line.nila

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    In my opinion sir mirage GLX Cvt lang. The matitipid ko na 100k ako na magpapalagay add'l accessories makakapili pa kayo sir.
    Mirage users!

I am getting a Mirage this August. Was keen on getting the GLS, honestly because of the rear spoiler. It just makes it a lot more visually appealing TO ME. Now that the GLX has been upgraded (has ABS, mag wheels among others), my question is, how easy and how cheap is it to have a similar rear spoiler installed?

If this can be done easily, no voiding of warranty, and cheap, I'd definitely go for the GLX. (Too bad I can't get the lemonade yellow, though!)

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    OT: you cant really compare Mitsubishi by SRP, I checked the price last week of G4 and sold myself to just focus on getting the vios but when I checked the online listing of some SA, 55k is the standard discount for their lineup and with some promo (just like now), some models can easily get 70k discount.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    any feedback sa grand i10 na 1.0? wala ako makitang reviews sa model na ito. pero mas malaki legroom kesa sa wigo and mirage.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Di ata mabenta yung grand i10 dahil bare masyado yung entry level as opposed to sa mga ka price range nya. Yung totl naman, medyo overpriced na at masyado nang malapit sa yaris

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    yun nga din iniisip ko. mahal yung entry level at sobrang bare pa. ano kaya puwede sa same price range na malaki yung legroom lalo na sa back seat.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores View Post
    Mirage users!

I am getting a Mirage this August. Was keen on getting the GLS, honestly because of the rear spoiler. It just makes it a lot more visually appealing TO ME. Now that the GLX has been upgraded (has ABS, mag wheels among others), my question is, how easy and how cheap is it to have a similar rear spoiler installed?

If this can be done easily, no voiding of warranty, and cheap, I'd definitely go for the GLX. (Too bad I can't get the lemonade yellow, though!)
    If the rear spoiler is a deal breaker for you sir then better get the gls. I think the difference in price is worth it among other add ons.

Battle of the Subcompact Cars (Mirage, Fiesta, Wigo, Brio, etc.)