New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    And that is about right if coming from south to the business districts. Sabi kasi nya normal daw 100k in 5 years. Thats 20k per year which i think is too high if you live and work within metro manila. Siguro normal yun if you live in santa rosa laguna and work in pasig.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Anyway ot na. The fc figures that you got is i think from james deakin article. However reading other reviews, the difference in fc is smaller. So the difference in savings in100k km is not that big. Imo, fc is not a huge factor for buyers of these vehicles since they are all frugal as compared to the bigger cars.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Two reasons I can think of why some people choose the Wigo over a Mirage are the
    1. Price - Not all people can easily adjust their budget or have the patience to save more for a more expensive car.
    2. Badge - Filipinos generally trust the T badge more over the M badge. The factor of parts availability and maintenance also comes into play here.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Two reasons I can think of why some people choose the Wigo over a Mirage are the
    1. Price - Not all people can easily adjust their budget or have the patience to save more for a more expensive car.
    2. Badge - Filipinos generally trust the T badge more over the M badge. The factor of parts availability and maintenance also comes into play here.
    I agree, mahirap talunin Toyota image dito sa Pinas. And I think it is well deserved naman. But for Daihatsu built Toyota cars, medyo lugi nga imho.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by siuu3ci View Post
    Nothing comes close to Mirage economy. Not even the Wigo's upfront cost. I dont understand why they even consider Wigo's price over Mirage for economy.

Just wondered a deep down computation

Assuming both cars reached 100kms (which is arguably reached normally within 5years)

Mirage: 14km/l ave FC
    Wigo: 11km/l ave FC

Mirage: 100000km / 14km/l = 7142.8571 Liters of gas
    Wigo: 100000km / 11km/l = 9090.9090 Liters of gas

Mirage: 7142.8571 L * P40 Gas = 285714.284 Pesos
    Wigo: 9090.9090 L * P40 Gas = 363636.3636 Pesos

Thats almost 80k difference in 100000kms alone. what more in 10 years? what more if driven majority highway? you can already have a budget already for a new subcompact by then. In 5 years, you have experienced a better car in technically the same price as Wigo. Not to mention Mirage's has 5 year warranty and is environmentally more friendly.

Internationally it is already noted to be the most fuel efficient non-hybrid car lately. Tops several list already like 'Forbes green car'

Looking forward for the new Spark and Celerio.
    Taas ng 100K in 5 years ha.

The Mirage has a bigger displacement engine than the Wigo, for that umph when you need it.

IMHO, and kidding aside, get the car that can be more versatile than just getting a car that fits the budget.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    May systemic issue din ba ang Wigo like the Vios and the Yaris?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

May systemic issue din ba ang Wigo like the Vios and the Yaris?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Nothing comes close to Mirage economy. Not even the Wigo's upfront cost. I dont understand why they even consider Wigo's price over Mirage for economy.

Just wondered a deep down computation

Assuming both cars reached 100kms (which is arguably reached normally within 5years)

Mirage: 14km/l ave FC
    Wigo: 11km/l ave FC

Mirage: 100000km / 14km/l = 7142.8571 Liters of gas
    Wigo: 100000km / 11km/l = 9090.9090 Liters of gas

Mirage: 7142.8571 L * P40 Gas = 285714.284 Pesos
    Wigo: 9090.9090 L * P40 Gas = 363636.3636 Pesos

Thats almost 80k difference in 100000kms alone. what more in 10 years? what more if driven majority highway? you can already have a budget already for a new subcompact by then. In 5 years, you have experienced a better car in technically the same price as Wigo. Not to mention Mirage's has 5 year warranty and is environmentally more friendly.

Internationally it is already noted to be the most fuel efficient non-hybrid car lately. Tops several list already like 'Forbes green car'

Looking forward for the new Spark and Celerio.
    If T vs M ang labanan e sa T ako, specially sa diesel car.. Pansin ko kasi pag matanda na ang car ng M e mausok na at madalas ng mag over heat, compare kay T na hindi ganun ka usok.. Kung compact car naman ang usapan e pareho naman silang ok.. Lamang na lamang lang siguro si M sa mga gadget sa loob ng car vs kay T na basic lang..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by b_9904 View Post

The Mirage has a bigger displacement engine than the Wigo, for that umph when you need it.

IMHO, and kidding aside, get the car that can be more versatile than just getting a car that fits the budget.
    do you agree na mas versatile si mirage? coz you have the luxury of using it as much as you want. occassional out of towns wont be a problem either.

i dont see a car limited to city driving a better buy. even if second car only still that is cash you spend and should be enjoyed to every cent. maybe there are some but practically no.

Quote Originally Posted by b_9904 View Post

do you agree na mas versatile si mirage? coz you have the luxury of using it as much as you want. occassional out of towns wont be a problem either.

i dont see a car limited to city driving a better buy. even if second car only still that is cash you spend and should be enjoyed to every cent. maybe there are some but practically no.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    I agree, mahirap talunin Toyota image dito sa Pinas. And I think it is well deserved naman. But for Daihatsu built Toyota cars, medyo lugi nga imho.
    good point. bkit nga pag daihatsu build medyo lugi. when you compare for example like innova or fort. iba ang quality and overalls much better

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    good point. bkit nga pag daihatsu build medyo lugi. when you compare for example like innova or fort. iba ang quality and overalls much better

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

my apologies, but...
    who says any car is limited to city driving? is this etched in stone?
    our cars' "limitations" are often a reflection of our own limited imagination.
    my "W" has already survived numerous trips in the slex..

and that little engine (or its variant)... was engine of the year some years ago.. it's not a piece of intestinal contents.

my suggestion... don't label this car or that car as such, without trying it out first. we may be in for a pleasant surprise.
    well at least, read up on them test drives.. and find out what the actual owners have to say.

heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 9th, 2015 at 10:27 AM.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Battle of the Subcompact Cars (Mirage, Fiesta, Wigo, Brio, etc.)