New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'll get either one if they stop increasing the prices!

Seriously, nakilala ang brand na ito dahil sa value-for-money but it's going down the drain ... fast.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    If I were to purchase one here in the Phils it will all boil down to pricing.

Since both of them are under one company there's a very big probability that they'll almost have the same features and things to offer. Engine palang eh pareho na pati drivetrain. 7 seater din, baka pareho din yung dami ng airbags, suspension, chassis. Parang UMV project ng Toyota noon.

Pero it's too late na. I've already purchased my 010 Sorento in S.Korea. It'll be arriving here by mid July. Pina tune ko na rin yung makina for more power(alam nyo ba may pwede pa kayong isalpok na "different" turbo diyan)and put in all the extras.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah good choice naman Saberrider. Kasi yung Sorento new generation na unlike the Santa Fe facelift lang. But 3 years from now watch out for the 2013 Santa Fe, then the SOrento might look the underdog...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yeah good choice naman Saberrider. Kasi yung Sorento new generation na unlike the Santa Fe facelift lang. But 3 years from now watch out for the 2013 Santa Fe, then the SOrento might look the underdog...
    Pero I remember 3 years back it was vice versa. When the Santa Fe CRDi VGT arrived it was meant to compete against the aging 2003 Sorento CRDi. It wasn't fair for the Phil Sorento since the worldwide 2006 Sorento CRDi VGT was already equipped with VGT and had 175-184hp(country dependent). If this was introduced here then it would be more than a match for the Santa Fe. But I like the Santa Fe's design and seating capacity.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    If we base our opinion on the pics above, I'd get the sorento. Looks meaner and fresher look kasi all new. YUng facelift ng santa fe parang na wala yung ***y lines nito. Mas type ko yung pre facelift models.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Battle of the Korean Crossovers..