New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Xtrail among the choices then Escape.

Tucson is a good vehicle and CRDi powered variants are very practical but the Escape and Xtrail though bit older are better engineered. You can't deny that. One test drive is enough for you to agree.
    so for you xtrail and escape are still better engineered than the models of hyundai ix35, mazda cx7 & 2.0 CR-V.

Noted sir. thanks for your input.
    Come on peeps share yours..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    My contact in Nissan confirmed that the new X-trail will be released nxt year first quarter. I think it will be the same in indonesia since the new xtrail was just released in indonesia around 3 months ago. He said it will have a new engine so I will check that out first before any verdict.

Offtopic: He also said the new Teana will also be released next year. But no specific date was mentioned.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    so for you xtrail and escape are still better engineered than the models of hyundai ix35, mazda cx7 & 2.0 CR-V.

Noted sir. thanks for your input.
    Come on peeps share yours..
    You can try to read my post sir. Escape and Xtrail over the Tucson, and no I don't meant the Tucson IX. Tucson IX is just officially displayed on showrooms today (12/08/09).

As per TS, we are comparing Tucson vs Xtrail vs Escape

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    My contact in Nissan confirmed that the new X-trail will be released nxt year first quarter. I think it will be the same in indonesia since the new xtrail was just released in indonesia around 3 months ago. He said it will have a new engine so I will check that out first before any verdict.

Offtopic: He also said the new Teana will also be released next year. But no specific date was mentioned.
    When would Nissan release a CRDI- Diesel X-trail like the one in the Euro Market?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    You can try to read my post sir. Escape and Xtrail over the Tucson, and no I don't meant the Tucson IX. Tucson IX is just officially displayed on showrooms today (12/08/09).

As per TS, we are comparing Tucson vs Xtrail vs Escape
    Noted sir.
    Sa previous post ko po ay dinagdag ko ang ix 35 kasi release na nga sa market the same with cx7 para wide ang choices.
    Thanks for the clarification. cheers

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    When would Nissan release a CRDI- Diesel X-trail like the one in the Euro Market?
    I'm not sure. But I think the indonesian x-trail has the diesel engine. The new diesel engine is M9R and the new gas engine is MR20DE. Let's just wait next year what type they will launch.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    I'm not sure. But I think the indonesian x-trail has the diesel engine. The new diesel engine is M9R and the new gas engine is MR20DE. Let's just wait next year what type they will launch.
    Nissan Indonesia only released the 2.0 and 2.5 variants of the X-trail. I'm assuming their diesel quality is similar to ours, maybe Euro-2 only as well so the fuel might not be compatible to the Euro-spec diesel engines.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009

i hope this is true... if the diesel engine will come out, best seller ito for sure...

to answer the TS, x-trail for me(obviously)...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Let's just hope the new engine of X-trail has better fuel economy. This might make or break it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Still Room to Improve

Smooth and quiet, the two-wheel-drive Tucson glides over corrupted pavement with a relatively gentle footfall. Not so with the all-wheel-drive version. It has a stiffer suspension that clops down harder on the rough stuff. Based on the Elantra compact car, the Tucson has struts up front and a multilink rear suspension. The electric power steering supplies a super-tight turning circle—34.7 feet—but doesn’t move Hyundai’s reputation much for lack of road feel. Engineers tried to make it sportier by stair-stepping the power assist with speed, a common practice, but they went overboard on the Tucson. At 60 mph its steering suddenly becomes monstrously heavy, and the wheel snaps back to center as though it’s spring-loaded. It reeks of robotic artificiality. Get thee back to the test track, Hyundai!

On sale this month, the Tucson makes strides in some areas and needs minor fixes in others to be a truly stand-out product in a hotly contested class.
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
battle of compact suv