The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ano kaya kerb weight ng 1.5 a/t?.
    ang 1.3 is 1.1k kg while vios 1.5 a/t is only 960kg
    di kaya matakaw din sa gas ito?.
    Kung ako bibili nyan permanently tatanggalin ko ang
    3rd row seat para pang cargo area lang sya.
    Mayroon na bang tag price?. swerte rin tayo
    meron 1.5 variant sa malaysia yata at thailand wala,
    ewan ko lang ngayon.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I agree with Psylocke's comment! I wonder why people make a big issue out of it na e.g. di ok ang Vios cuz ginagawang taxi.

Cuz kung ganun tayo magisip, I guess di ok Camry cuz taxi yun sa Taiwan (police car na ren), or E-class at Volvo V70 cuz taxi naman sya sa Germany, or Sonata cuz taxi sya sa Korea.

Besides, kung nanakawin auto mo, mangyayari at mangyayari yun.
    sa ibang bansa naman yan eh. naranasan mo na ba manakawan ng auto o matutukan man lang habang pababa pa lang. experience mo muna bago sabihin na parang cool lang yan. and also experience the 3 month long wait bago ka magka tsikot ulet, wait 90 days na pala ngaun.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    We really dont mind the taxi issue. My view is if it can survive the rigors of taxi use then it must be strong and reliable. Taxi are used 24 hours a day and rack up more kms in a year than our cars do in its lifetime. Plus if it will become a popular taxi unit then it will have lots of parts outside the stealership.

As for theft, she does not do super-late trips... no driving to out-of-the-way ATMs or on remote overpasses/underpasses. She also has a driver and I will install an alarm with starter kill. There is also comprehensive insurance. If it will be stolen then the bank will still be paid.

It is smaller and lower compared to an innova. But I did not want to risk getting a D4D. We did not want to get a gas innova bec of the high fuel prices.

We just have to decide on which version to get. 1.3 MT, 1.5MT or 1.5 AT. Cant decide cause we dont know how much it is. I want the 1.3 for fuel efficency since it will be a city car. She wants the 1.5AT so she can also drive if needed. What do you think is the better choice?

it will definitely survive the rigors of a taxi coz it will have oversupply of parts. oversupply means cheaper parts. if true yun balita na one big taxi franchise here already ordered 1000 units of this model, then the management of that franchise may already have a backup plan. baka nakikipag-negotiate na yun sa importation ng parts also. again another benefit if you'll buy this vehicle.

for the wife, yes sir agree ako sa mga security precautions mo. also install a tint. if you have friends in police/military, hingi ka ng sticker or ID hehehe. and also change your door locks. although it may seem too much, to carry 2 keys (one for the door, one for the ignition), ok na ito. a good deterrent if you parked in a public place where there are a lot of PUV drivers hanging out.

1.5AT is the better choice for a wife, so that she can cook food pa pagdating home. di nakakapagod hehehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've just seen the Avanza in person at the Toyota show, and I must say... pictures can't express how wide it actually is.

I'd thought the Avanza would be Vios in scale, but it's not. It seems to be as wide as a Corolla, and room in the first two rows is pretty good. The third row is decent, as far as third rows go, but nothing to write home about. Overall, it's only slightly smaller than the Tamaraw in 1st and 2nd row space, though lacking in boot/3rd row accomodations.

1.5 MT... rear wheel drive... light... what else could an enthusiast driver want? Oh, yeah... it's not a car... :lol:

Rear suspension looks robust, separate coil and struts, and a live axle. Packaging is tight, and the muffler is situated far back in the middle of the car. Spare tire is in my least favorite place (under the rear bumper), but that's about par for the course now.

This seems like a much more practical alternative to the APV or Matrix (except for lack of diesel)... can't wait to test it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Specs for Avanza and Vios lifted from brochure:

AVANZA 1.3J MT only.engine K3-VE, 92ps/6000rpm, torque 12.2kgm/4400 rpm, curb weight 1045, 14 inch steel rims, with 185/70R14 tires

AVANZA 1.5G available in MT and AT engine K5-VE, 109ps/6000 rpm, torque 14.4 kgm/4400 rpm, curb weight 1085 AT and 1070 MT, 15 inch alloy wheels, tires 185/65R15. Brakes front 13" disc, rear drum
    ammenities: front fog lamps, rear window defogger, 2DIn CD/MP3 player, driver side air bag, power window, door and mirrors, keyless entry w/ anti theft device

Price: to be announced

VIOS 1.5 engine 1NZ-FE 107HP/6000 rpm, torque 142Nm/4200rpm, curb weight 960 for AT, 940 for MT

VIOS 1.3 engine 2NZ-FE 85HP/6000rpm, torque 122Nm/4400 rpm, curb weight 930

What is the difference between PS and HP and kgm and Nm? Can someone pls explain? Thanks.
    Last edited by userfriendly; September 24th, 2006 at 10:22 PM. Reason: typo errors

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    too technical na yan bro. we have 6 vehicles and I still dont know any of those car terms.

get the top of the line one, smartest choice of the 3. always AT.

me I'm seriously considering this Avanza to replace my current pickup. originally i'm choosing bet. the swift and the jazz this coming X'mas. guess this one's better but I'll need to invest on extra security.

i'll definitely remove the third row seats for cargo purposes.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    PS is almost the same as HP... 1 PS = 0.98 hp... difference of about 2 hp per 100.

Kg-m = 10.2 NM or so...

Thus, the engine performance of the K*-VE engines and the *NZ-FE engines are quite similar. The Vios variants will still be more fuel efficient, because they're carrying lighter cars.

Personally? Gusto ko yung Avanza 1.5 G... I think it would be a swell family car... but I'm worried about gas consumption... 1.5 liter engine with very little torque plus 1.6 tons of car + 1/2 ton of passengers and cargo? Hmmmmm....

Oh, and the new Vios 1.5S is very very nice... very sporty, beautiful bodykit (especially in black), great mags, grippy tires... just don't get it in the killjoy Automatic version.
    Last edited by niky; September 24th, 2006 at 09:43 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Specs for Avanza and Vios lifted from brochure:

AVANZA 1.3J MT only.engine K3-VE, 92ps/6000rpm, torque 12.2kgm/6000 rpm, curb weight 1585, 14 inch steel rims, with 185/70R14 tires

AVANZA 1.5G available in MT and AT engine K5-VE, 109ps/6000 rpm, torque 14.4 kgm/4400 rpm, curb weight 1625, 15 inch alloy wheels, tires 185/65R15. Brakes front 13" disc, rear drum
    ammenities: front fog lamps, rear window defogger, 2DIn CD/MP3 player, driver side air bag, power window, door and mirrors, keyless entry w/ anti theft device

Price: to be announced

VIOS 1.5 engine 1NZ-FE 107HP/6000 rpm, torque 142Nm/4200rpm, curb weight 960 for AT, 940 for MT

VIOS 1.3 engine 2NZ-FE 85HP/6000rpm, torque 122Nm/4400 rpm, curb weight 930

What is the difference between PS and HP and kgm and Nm? Can someone pls explain? Thanks.

You sure about the Avanza curb weight? I think it's only about 1100kg...

Most notable difference is the torque. Avanza engine gets max torque at 6000 while the Vios engine at only 4200. Seems like Vios engine has better low-RPM performance...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's just a typo error. The max torque number is also around 4000+ rpm.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    You sure about the Avanza curb weight? I think it's only about 1100kg...

Most notable difference is the torque. Avanza engine gets max torque at 6000 while the Vios engine at only 4200. Seems like Vios engine has better low-RPM performance...
    Sorry typo error:
    Avanza 1.5 torque is 14.4kgm/4400 rpm curb weight 1085 for AT and 1070 for MT
    Avanza 1.3 torque is 12.2 kgn/4400 rpm curb weight 1045

I copied the wrong line. I put in gross weight instead of curb weight. I need new glasses

editing original post to correct errors.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
avanza vs vios