New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by welscua View Post
    avanza ako, it is better to have additional people/cargo space when you need it...

vios? tingnan mo mga taxi na vios, open mga hood nila, may tendency na mag-overheat pag long use...
    dati binabad ko sa 130 to 140km/h yung vios. hindi naman nag-overheat yung kotse.

mas versatile lang ang avanza dahil sa added passenger seats at cargo space.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    kung mag over heat ang sasakyan, i think mas mag over heat pag heavy traffic tapos aggressive ang driver sa pag singit.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    The body of the avanza is GOA from the toyota website.
    whats GOA?

IMO, without any variables involved, vios is the better choice of the two. (wala kasi sinabi si TS. hehe)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    GOA - Global Outstanding Assessment

ito ang sinusunod ng toyota in terms of crash safety.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    GOA - Toyota's passive safety body GOA (Global Outstanding Assessment)

IMO even with GOA, i think the modern structure of the Vios would give it better safety. But you're right, the choice really depends on the usage of the buyer.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by welscua View Post
    vios? tingnan mo mga taxi na vios, open mga hood nila, may tendency na mag-overheat pag long use...

That's because the car is driven 24/7 with only eating, peeing and napping as their only breaks. And usually, operators use water instead of coolant. Which I think, a private owner wouldn't do.

-

*TS : If you'd carry 3-4 passengers, a vios would do. Even it's 5, still, i`d go for the Vios. It's faster, more maneuverable and classier, compared to the Avanza obviously. And, it rides softer than your other choice. May pagkamatagtag ang avanza and with it's narrow body tendency is when you attack the curves at a somewhat high-speed, baka umikot yan.

Yknow, thin tires and a narrow body should not go on with each other.

Test drive them both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
avanza 7 seater 1.3 J M or vios 1.3 J M