New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Comparing these 3 models for someone in a cake business and at the same time their personal car for a family of 3. Importante kasi sa kanya the cake for delivery which sometimes is as tall as 3 feet. So dapat the back can accommodate the height requirements... Syempre given its a cake medyo delicate din kais may design sya so mas maganda din if mas smoother ang ride para di mahulog mga designs.

So among the three within her budget.

1. Avanza 1.3J
    2. Ertiga GA
    3. APV GA

Which would suit her best. Of course if she can get away with APV GA without compromise on her cake delivery she would get that one cause its the cheapest of the bunch. The Avanza is the most expensive but then again if its the right choice she would get that one.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Comparing these 3 models for someone in a cake business and at the same time their personal car for a family of 3. Importante kasi sa kanya the cake for delivery which sometimes is as tall as 3 feet. So dapat the back can accommodate the height requirements... Syempre given its a cake medyo delicate din kais may design sya so mas maganda din if mas smoother ang ride para di mahulog mga designs.

So among the three within her budget.

1. Avanza 1.3J
    2. Ertiga GA
    3. APV GA

Which would suit her best. Of course if she can get away with APV GA without compromise on her cake delivery she would get that one cause its the cheapest of the bunch. The Avanza is the most expensive but then again if its the right choice she would get that one.

Thanks!
    We have the avanza 1.3 MT 2006. 1st batch yata yun. matagtag sya pag 2 lang sakay. Wasak ang cake pag sa likod nilagay. dapat sa gitna. Nakalimutan ko na kung nafo-fold yung upuan sa gitna. Matagal narin ako hindi nakakasakay sa avanza namin sa gitna, lagi ako nagmamaneho kasi, and since yung celerio lagi ko gamit.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kris_13 View Post
    We have the avanza 1.3 MT 2006. 1st batch yata yun. matagtag sya pag 2 lang sakay. Wasak ang cake pag sa likod nilagay. dapat sa gitna. Nakalimutan ko na kung nafo-fold yung upuan sa gitna. Matagal narin ako hindi nakakasakay sa avanza namin sa gitna, lagi ako nagmamaneho kasi, and since yung celerio lagi ko gamit.
    I agree, we also have the 2015 2nd Gen Avanza 1.3 AT. Matagtag sa likod. Pwede lang sya for groceries na naka plastic.

Pero pag cake. Mukhang malalamog sya.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Pinakasulit ang ertiga dahil mura. Mura ang apv pero lumalaklak ng gasolina

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I saw a 1 year old honda mobilio cvt about the price of a brand new j avanza and a m/t one that's almost the price of a brand new ga ertiga. It seems like an ideal choice since it is cvt and the ride could be smoother as well. However, the height is lower than these 3 of your choices so i think the space for a 3 feet cake might be tighter inside and it is a one year old unit already.

Among your choices though, it's practical to go for avanza. Though more expensive, it has better aftersales support due to the brand's obvious reputation.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    All 3 will have issues with stiff suspension kasi they were designed to carry 7 people...

Avanza vs Ertiga for me...

Avanza will be better for city driving thanks to its ground clearance
    I guess (haven't driven one) Ertiga will provide better handling sa highway.

I would recommend that you check both and take everything into consideration (maintenance, depreciation, handling)

For the cake business, since family of 3 lang kayo...

Why not look at the current hatchbacks... (Mirage, Brio etc), you can fold the rear seat to load your cake and suspension will be much better than an MPV.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    All 3 will have issues with stiff suspension kasi they were designed to carry 7 people...

Avanza vs Ertiga for me...

Avanza will be better for city driving thanks to its ground clearance
    I guess (haven't driven one) Ertiga will provide better handling sa highway.

I would recommend that you check both and take everything into consideration (maintenance, depreciation, handling)

For the cake business, since family of 3 lang kayo...

Why not look at the current hatchbacks... (Mirage, Brio etc), you can fold the rear seat to load your cake and suspension will be much better than an MPV.
    Kailangan kasi mataas talaga roofline. I feel di sapat mga subcompact hatch for the job...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Kapag sa likod mo ikakarga ang cake malamang matagtag talaga. Dapat siguro mapwesto ang cake between the front and rear wheels. Sa APV pwede sigurong tanggalin ang middle seat para doon mo ilagay ang cargo. Possible problem would be how wide the door can open to accommodate loading/unloading of the cake. Why not take a look at small vans with sliding door in the middle. They could be the right choice for your purpose. Baka pwede yung BAIC MZ40. Meron lang risk kasi Chinese made which is not at par with Japanese brands.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kboy View Post
    Kapag sa likod mo ikakarga ang cake malamang matagtag talaga. Dapat siguro mapwesto ang cake between the front and rear wheels. Sa APV pwede sigurong tanggalin ang middle seat para doon mo ilagay ang cargo. Possible problem would be how wide the door can open to accommodate loading/unloading of the cake. Why not take a look at small vans with sliding door in the middle. They could be the right choice for your purpose. Baka pwede yung BAIC MZ40. Meron lang risk kasi Chinese made which is not at par with Japanese brands.
    don't transport cakes on a regular basis, if you can not guarantee a flat surface.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    A crossover suv might be a better choice.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk