1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    How about the innova sport runner?

posted via Toyota
    Its basically a dressed up Innova E

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I don't like the Crosswind's interior. It seems really old as compared to the Revo and Adventure, let alone the Innova. There's the hazard light button on the steering column, no option for a 2-DIN head unit upgrade, sliding aircon switches and the fragile looking aircon louvers. The vents seem like they would snap anytime. I'm still contemplating whether the Tamaraw FX style rear A/C is an advantage or a disadvantage. In our Revo, I like being able to reach the rear A/C switch from the driver's seat and it is very much able to reach the 3rd row even in the most arid conditions. Then there's the lack of ABS and airbags even in the overpriced top variant. With the huge gaping hole on the passenger side of the dashboard, it was obviously made for an airbag.

If there's one thing I like about the Adventure, it's the interior. It seems the most modern among the original 3. It's also not as loud as the Revo and Crosswind.

With the Montero GLX crashing into the AUV/MPV market, there seems to be no point in getting top of the line AUVs anymore. Besides leather seats and steering wheel buttons, there's basically nothing else it doesn't have that top variant AUVs have, and yet it has pretty much everything a modern 4x2 SUV is expected to have. Sayang yung Fuzion though. From a family friend who replaced her Fuzion with a Montero, the Fuzion is actually more comfortable and spacious.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    di ko alam ba't may kumukuha pa ng sportivo e.
    low budget - adventure GX or GLX (ang TX ata di pwede private di ba?)
    pag kaya dagdagan - innova J or E
    pag kaya pa dagdagan - montero glx

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I don't like the Crosswind's interior. It seems really old as compared to the Revo and Adventure, let alone the Innova. There's the hazard light button on the steering column, no option for a 2-DIN head unit upgrade, sliding aircon switches and the fragile looking aircon louvers. The vents seem like they would snap anytime. I'm still contemplating whether the Tamaraw FX style rear A/C is an advantage or a disadvantage. In our Revo, I like being able to reach the rear A/C switch from the driver's seat and it is very much able to reach the 3rd row even in the most arid conditions. Then there's the lack of ABS and airbags even in the overpriced top variant. With the huge gaping hole on the passenger side of the dashboard, it was obviously made for an airbag.

If there's one thing I like about the Adventure, it's the interior. It seems the most modern among the original 3. It's also not as loud as the Revo and Crosswind.

With the Montero GLX crashing into the AUV/MPV market, there seems to be no point in getting top of the line AUVs anymore. Besides leather seats and steering wheel buttons, there's basically nothing else it doesn't have that top variant AUVs have, and yet it has pretty much everything a modern 4x2 SUV is expected to have. Sayang yung Fuzion though. From a family friend who replaced her Fuzion with a Montero, the Fuzion is actually more comfortable and spacious.
    With the huge gaping hole on the passenger side of the dashboard, it was obviously made for an airbag. what do you mean,in the crosswind it has the same interior as the isuzu vehicross,fuego,rodeo

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    With the huge gaping hole on the passenger side of the dashboard, it was obviously made for an airbag. what do you mean,in the crosswind it has the same interior as the isuzu vehicross,fuego,rodeo
    I meant that the big cubby hole in the passenger side of the Crosswind's dashboard was meant as space for installing an airbag, as seen in the Vehicross and Rodeo.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    di ko alam ba't may kumukuha pa ng sportivo e.
    Because: Mariners.

OFW seamen like the Crosswind because they're comfortable with an old school diesel. They spend months at sea trusting their lives to crude, low-revving OHV diesels in cargo ships and commercial vessels. They get home, they want more of the same.

The prehistoric 4JA1T Crosswind is not the most refined motor in the world, but it has certain features that stand out:

1. Incredibly quick light up time. No waiting for glowplugs, no waiting for the engine to turn over. It just starts the moment the starter spins.

2. No electronics. No electrical items that are necessary to run the car. I've run a Crosswind with a broken alternator and a nearly dead battery. As long as you don't stall it, you'll get home. It's one of the few vehicles on sale today that would possibly survive a nuclear blast and still run.

3. No timing belt or chain. Low maintenance requirements. Though the new turbo models have some niggles, like the EGR required to meet Euro II (best to blank it off), the Crosswind is dead cheap to run for the first 200-250,000 kilometers. Try getting there with a common-rail diesel without needing to clean or replace the SCV or EGR valve a few times... or having to stump up big money to repair the high-pressure fuel pump or injectors.

4. Decent fuel economy. Though the turbos nowadays seem thirstier.

5. Easy-to-find parts.

6. Good resale and long life cycles. The long life cycle means that you can buy a Crosswind, go out to see on a multi-year hitch, and when you get back... it's still the current model. :hysterical:

-

To be honest, the rest of the car, except for the front torsion bar suspension, isn't as durable as the motor... but seafarers like the Crosswind because it's a familiar thing to them.

Me? I'd daily drive an Innova or Revo (IMHO, the REVO VX is the most comfortable of the AUVs) over a Crosswind, but if civilization were to collapse tomorrow and I had to outrun a zombie apocalypse, give me a Crosswind. ;)
    Last edited by niky; July 14th, 2014 at 12:27 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Is there something different in the suspension of the Revo VX as compared to all the other variants?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Revo pa rin ako. Used to owned a gas variant before. Kahit matakas sa gas mas comportable naman kaysa sa Adventure at Crosswind.
    Muntik na kami mapabilinng crosswind noon na pamalit sa revo. Pero friend of ours suggested na ibang iba takbo ng Revo sa Crosswind.
    Ayun nag wait kami ng 3 years. Ipon nakabili mg Grand Starex.

BTT. Innova for me kung panahon ngayon usapan. Sana revive ng toyota ang revo

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Because: Mariners.

Me? I'd daily drive an Innova or Revo (IMHO, the REVO VX is the most comfortable of the AUVs) over a Crosswind, but if civilization were to collapse tomorrow and I had to outrun a zombie apocalypse, give me a Crosswind. ;)
    can a crosswind outrun anything else out there? hehe just kidding.

same here, the revo is the best AUV there is. too bad it was replaced by the innova. im not saying the innova was bad. its just the revo's design is more practical, classic and never gets old. but that's just me.

i remember seeing a revo with a modified rear suspension, parang sa innova.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    kung sa current era, kung city driving + may laging sakay na tao or certain heavy loads,

Adventure at Crosswind, maliban sa very fuel economy, hindi magastos sa maintenance (basic technology) kahit ilusob sa baha, (wag lang tumirik), very minimal lang ang effect, ang kailangan lang is i-repack lahat ng mga bearing sa under-chassis. + yung passenger load, maraming pwede isakay, (depende sa size at weight ng tao)

disadvantage, beyond 100KPH na ang takbo, nagiging diesel guzzler na, (dahil sa price range ng diesel unlike 10yrs ago..hehehe ) walang airbag/ABS,

kung combination ng city at highway driving, innova na, maliban sa latest technology ng engines at electrical components,
    meron nang SRS airbag at ABS, (unlike nung unang labas ng innova in 2005, airbag lang at walang ABS)

Ang disadvantage, hindi pwede kargahan ng mabibigat na bagay lalo kung sa delivery, (mostly ang interior ng innova, maraming plastic materials) at less yung passenger load, (unlike sa crosswind/adventure, kasya ang 10people)

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Revo pa rin ako. Used to owned a gas variant before. Kahit matakas sa gas mas comportable naman kaysa sa Adventure at Crosswind.
    Muntik na kami mapabilinng crosswind noon na pamalit sa revo. Pero friend of ours suggested na ibang iba takbo ng Revo sa Crosswind.
    Ayun nag wait kami ng 3 years. Ipon nakabili mg Grand Starex.

BTT. Innova for me kung panahon ngayon usapan. Sana revive ng toyota ang revo

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Sir, jaggerx3,

Sa akin on my own preference, Revo for me, (unfortunately, out of production model),
    ipapamana na sa akin yung revo pero yung parents ko, gusto pa rin nila gamitin.

Maliban sa smooth ride (kahit naka-molye), very comfort ang passengers at napaka-luwag sa space, and also, sarap i-drive ang revo, di ko lang sure pero parang hindi nakakasawa-i drive, (comfort driving, dali sa maneuvering situation and lakas ng hatak kahit low torque)

all around usage, pwede for passengers at pwede rin pang-deliver, + yung mga accessories, hindi complicated...kahit ilusob sa baha, hangga't umaandar ang makina, hindi basta-basta mag-stall ang makina,

kung naka-wait po kayo Sir ng 3yrs, kami naman po, 10yrs! pero very worth it, ni minsan in 10yrs duration, hindi po nasira yung revo namin, ngayon pa lang po nag-occur yung mga sakit ng lumang sasakyan...

BTW: gas po yung revo namin, and very fuel efficient pa rin....(6-7KMS/L sa "Stop-and-go-traffic" and 10-11KMS/L for highway driving, max at 100KPH speed) kung walang aircon, kayang pantayan ang mga old-school diesel..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
AUV comparison:Toyota Innova,Isuzu Sportivo,Mitsubishi Adventure