New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crossdx View Post
    I noticed the TS is in the U.S., so I'll throw in my 2 cents given the broader choices they have over there. While I really dig the Genesis Coupe, if I was in America I'd probably wait for the 2011 Mustang with its upgraded engine hp to 300 for the V6, or if I could afford it, the 400 bhp V8.

The GC is one of a kind over here in the Philippines in offering an affordable, fantastic looking sports coupe package, but in the U.S. it just has so much incredible competition at similar price points it's hard to give it top pick status. I might go for the '09 spec WRX, Camaro SS, or maybe even the current V8 Mustang given the opportunity if they were available at similar prices to the GC.
    you know why the camaro is cheap cuz, the parts are made cheap transmission are pooping left and right here read this.

GM responds to more Camaro transmission failure talk on enthusiast forum
    http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/04/g...k-on-enthusia/

Early Camaro SS manual transmission failures reported, factory hold issued
    http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/13/b...ures-reported/

Chevy reportedly vows to call Camaro owners who may have bad transmissions
    http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/23/h...-who-may-have/

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^^Well, that may be so, but the GC has its fair share of issues as well. No car is perfect.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ^^Well, that may be so, but the GC has its fair share of issues as well. No car is perfect.
    Like what?

The list of niggling little quality issues with the early delivery Camaros compiled by Camaro owners is around two or three pages long. In list form. Indexed. There is no such list for the Genesis that I'm aware of, yet...

-

The new Mustang will be great, certainly. With a 3.7 liter 300+ hp V6 and a better suspension. But it still won't be as agile as more focused sportscars like the 370Z and the Genesis Coupe.
    Last edited by niky; December 11th, 2009 at 03:07 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Like what?

The list of niggling little quality issues with the early delivery Camaros compiled by Camaro owners is around two or three pages long. In list form. Indexed. There is no such list for the Genesis that I'm aware of, yet...
    I went to a couple of GenCoupe forums when researching the car back when I was set on buying it. While nowhere at the level of the Camaro tranny issue, the GC does have some consistent problems with its manual transmission grinding, particularly 2nd and 5th gear, enough to get a long sticky thread with multiple pages of complaints and owners actually needing to get it replaced. Other niggling quality issues aside, this was the main problem I had with the car as I wanted to get an M/T.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    my problem with mustang is I don't know why they are still stuck with a 1980's rear solid axle :thumbdown: its almost 2010 and they still don't have independent rear suspension, thats why no matter what they do put 500hp or 800hp retro design or radical design on that car the sports car world still wont take it seriously cuz, it has a 80's style solid rear axle

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I went to a couple of GenCoupe forums when researching the car back when I was set on buying it. While nowhere at the level of the Camaro tranny issue, the GC does have some consistent problems with its manual transmission grinding, particularly 2nd and 5th gear, enough to get a long sticky thread with multiple pages of complaints and owners actually needing to get it replaced. Other niggling quality issues aside, this was the main problem I had with the car as I wanted to get an M/T.
    Hard driving, I guess. Many Japanese cars have similar issues. Might also be something with the transmission protection logic built into the boxes being hung up ont he emissions control logic not letting the revs fall enough between shifts.

You know Americans... they can break anything...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The closest thing I see to a Genesis Coupe competitor is the Z34 Nissan 370Z in terms of ethos and performance. At an estimated PhP3.2 million though, it's almost double the price of the 2.0T version...

On the Z, you do get a SynchroRev Match function for the manual transmission that automates heel-and-toe downshifts if your right foot can't handle the job of pressing two pedals at once.

To be honest...I like the Genesis' styling a little better (front end treatment could've been cleaned up but it's still fine as it is IMO). It's had favorable reviews almost everywhere - and both engines have good feedback, with the 2.0T becoming the tuner favorite. Even in stock form, the 2.0T is the supposed driver's pick due to added lightness aiding the handling.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    ganda padin ng itsura ng camaro kaso yung estimated price ng V6 pag dinala dito nasa 3M to 3.5M grabe ang laki ng deperensya considering na halos magka presyo sila sa US.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    ganda padin ng itsura ng camaro kaso yung estimated price ng V6 pag dinala dito nasa 3M to 3.5M grabe ang laki ng deperensya considering na halos magka presyo sila sa US.
    Exactly. That's why, in its price range, if you're looking to get a sport coupe in the Philippines the GC really has no real competitor. All the other cars in its class that stack up well to it are way too overpriced in our country.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    the question is:

ano ba ang basis ng TAX ng mga kotse, kase kung ang GC almost the same lang ang price sa camaro sa US baket pag dinala dito ang dalawa ga milya ang layo ng presyo ng camaro..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Any Genesis Coupe competitor?