New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Think again. Proven na ang CRDi ng Hyundai. And even the old Starex's at least had Mitsubishi underpinnings. Given that they've been here for years already, at wala pang horror stories tungkol sa engines (unlike sa Besta/Grace clones, which are run-them-till-they-break vehicles). Owners I know are quite satisfied with them.

Di hamak din ang engine ng Space Gear. The one thing that really matters in the comparison of the Space Gear / Starex clones is whether you need the extra space or the extra comfort, and whether you prefer gas or diesel.

Give them a test drive first... Hyundai's new diesels are pretty quiet for oil-burners, but don't take my word for it... go see for yourself.

Atsaka ang pogi pala ng bagong Starex in black and gunmetal.... tanggalin mo lang yung *blech* na sticker, puwede na siyang Euro-look.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01
    i'll go for space gear. IMHO, pag diesel mitsubishi and isuzu lang. starex hindi cla prowess sa diesel engine.
    The old Starex diesel (specifically the 4d56 in the Intercooler Turbo version) is a Mitsubishi engine; and it has a higher power rating at that (103hp) as it comes with an intercooler unlike the 4d56 in the Space Gear diesel which has none (around 86hp more or less).

The current Space Gear is also available only in gasoline (wala na yung diesel) just like the Sedona V6.

When i asked a calibration shop before on what diesels they find to be the "better ones", it was the Isuzu and Nissan diesels.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01
    i'll go for space gear. IMHO, pag diesel mitsubishi and isuzu lang. starex hindi cla prowess sa diesel engine.
    Really now?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I'll take the Grandis. May nakita ako innova na ni lowered and nilagyan ng spoiler sa likod, nag mukhang grandis. Ganda.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Any advice re:2006 mitsubishi space gear